Newbie -finally did Basic+Body Fusion - Question about tubing

I posted this for cathe and thought a lot of you would have done this workout.

Hi,
I am new to Cathe tapes and very klutzy, however, Basic Step, was a great introduction to stepping. I am 56 and had my doubts, but I actually did the whole 30 minutes and it was broken down so that even my two left feet could follow .
I only did the basic, lower body and abs, that was enough for this body. I was wondering about the tubing, what level is it? I have one, but it is much longer than the one used. In the ab workout, I also could not lift the ball with my legs, what size ball do they use? Or maybe it is not the size, but me.
I Thank Cathe for making such a great tape for us beginners.
Marsha:7

RE: Newbie -finally did Basic+Body Fusion - Question a...

Hi Marsha!

I really like this DVD too! Body Fusion is so much fun! If you haven't tried it yet, I just know you will love it. As for the tubing...if I remember correctly Cathe and crew are using purple bands which are the most advanced. I'm using green right now because I've never used bands before and it's so different than weights. Anyway, I don't know which band you are using but if you go to SPRI's website you can see all the different colors of tubing and their corresponding levels.

As for the stability ball, the important thing there I think is to make sure it's the right size for your height. I'm short, only 5 foot 3, and the first ball I bought was way too big. I gave that one to my sister in law who is 5'7" and promptly bought myself another and it works great. If you shop around for the ball online there should always be a corresponding size chart so you know you're getting the right one. Other than that, if you have the right size and can't lift the ball, maybe you're not squeezing hard enough!! I'm sorry, I know that sounded funny! I'm geting ready to go workout myself so I'm getting in the mood. Anyway, hope that helps and good luck!

:D Nicole

RE: Newbie -finally did Basic+Body Fusion - Question a...

Nicole,
Thank you so much for responding.
I will go check out spri for the tubing. I am short also, 5'1",So, you are taller than me
Marsha:7
I did the basic step, but have not tried the body fusion, hoping it is not too dificult. So far, I love this DVD,
Thanks again and HAPPY WORKOUT:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.