New with a few questions

kfears

I am new to Cathe. I just found her on Monday when I turned on FitTV. She is just what I am looking for. I have been doing FIRM, but I have been looking for something more challenging for a while. Can anyone suggest a good set of DVD's of an intermediate to advanced exerciser? I have looked at the Body Blast Series, the Intensity series or the 8 pack. Any advice would be helpful. I want to start with 6-8 workouts.
I also read that I need a Stability ball with various workouts. How do I go about choosing one? I looked at the store and there appear to be different sizes. Please help?
Thanks
Kimberly

Kimberly:

Welcome to Cathe's forum!

For an intermediate to advanced exerciser, you would probably do well with the Intensity Series or Body Blast Series. They both have a lot of variety and can be modified easily. Body Blast is probably a bit easier than Intensity, but I like them both.

I am not sure what's in the 8-pack, but I am sure I have the workouts because I have them all! They are all great!

With the stability ball, they say your knees should be at 90 degrees when you sit on the ball. I am 5'6" and use a 65 centimeter ball that is not fully inflated. I think Cathe is 5'2" and uses a 55 centimeter. If you do a search on the forums, Cathe provided guidelines at one point. Or, you click on "Buyer's Guide"-"Steps, Balls, and Mats" on the home page.

Good luck!

Welcome Kimberly,

I wish I got FitTV :( . All of these selections are great. I think you'll be happy whichever you choose. Take some time and look at the clips and you are lucky enough to have FitTV so you can get up and try them out first. Power systems has a good choice of stability balls. There are height charts that you can use as a guide for buying a ball.

Have fun shopping,
jordan

I say you should go with the Intensity series. Coming from the Firm, you can use your fanny lifter for the leg presses. That is the series i went with after graduating from the Firm and I am THRILLED with it!

I picked up a stability ball at Walmart for $10.00. It is 65cm, that is all they had. I am 4'11" and it works just fine. I have heard many say the 55cm is too small and they are a few inches taller than me.

Thank you for the info. I have worked my Firm up to 8, 10 and 15 lb dumbells, and I use ankle weights for any cardio, but I just need more. I was really excited when I happened to find Cathe on FitTV. I have tried other workouts, checked a ton of videos out from the library, and never found anything I liked until Monday. Now it is just deciding what to start with here. Thanks for the advice.

I am actually 5'9", so I think I will research on Stability ball size to make sure of what I want.

Thank you for the info. If I know there is a forum out there on Stability balls I will search for it.
Kimberly

Can you tell me how long each of the workouts are in the Intensity series? Thank you.

Nevermind, I found the information.

You'd want to go with the 65cm stability ball size. And yes, i think the I series would be good for you, there's some intense interval cardio stepping, two circuit workouts (Bootcamp & Cardio & Weights), a solid total body muscle endurance tape and a lower body and upper body tape with more emphasis on strength. Plenty to grow with and keep you busy. It will be a while before you have mastered Imax 2 and Boot camp to the extent that you can say you are bored!!!

Clare

I finally ordered the Intensity series last night. Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Kimberly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.