New to Cathe - Your advice on best DVDs for me

Belgian

Hi! I am new to Cathe's workouts, however have had a heavy workout regimen for the past 10 years (weights, step, cycling, etc.) I wish to purchase intense Cathe programs that will provide overall toning, definition and enhanced muscles. I have spent some time reviewing her entire suite of videos in addition to reading this forum (almost) in its entirety. Gosh, what a wonderful service this group here provides to others in this forum!! You folks are wonderful and have really helped me filter through all those DVDs!! Here are a few questions for you:

1) Please let me know if you think the following workouts are good starters, and let me know if there are any more I should get:

Intensity Series (Vol 1, 2, 3) + Terminator
High Step Training
Body Blast Vol 2 (Mainly for Kick, Punch, Crunch)

2) Would you wait for the Hardcore Series if you were in my shoes, or go ahead with the Intensity Series? (Just curious. I was thinking I'd do the Intensity Series for awhile and then pick up the Hardcore in a few months.)

3) Can you suggest a workout plan for these workouts (time is not an issue for me). I'm trying to determine how to spread them out so I don't double-up on lifting days, etc.

4) Do you know where to buy the *exact* medicine balls that Cathe uses and what the brand is?

Many, many thanks in advance for your guidance. I am so stoked to get started with these new workouts!
:D

Hello and welcome to the world of Cathe.

I think your choice of the Intensity Series is a good one. I won't bother describing the workouts since you've already checked them out on this site. I would hold off on the Advanced High Step Training workout now, if I were you. You are already getting similarly styled circuit workout with Boot Camp (more or less, except that BC doesn't use a step, high or low). I'd probably get another one of the Body Blast DVDs. Step Blast/S,J,P are two of Cathe's most fun workouts (again, in my opinion). Another alternative would be to get CTX, which is a hugely versatile series. It's got lots of variety and you can mix and match to your heart's content, creating long or short workouts as needed.

As far as Hardcore goes, don't forget, you can still save about $40 on the entire series. That being said, you might want to wait to hear everyone's opinion on them before purchasing. I personally ordered everything on the first day, but you may not want to get all of them without knowing more about them. (They do sound like they are going to be awesome,though!).

Have fun choosing!
Shelbygirl

Thanks so much, Shelbygirl! I really appreciate your input! As you know, there are tons of these workouts to filter through. I'd just like to get a feel of what the pros think.:D

I really didn't thoroughly review CTX, but I'll check that out tonight.

Thanks, again!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.