New to Cathe...question on All Step Video

Snazzy

Cathlete
Hi! I'm new to Cathe. I've seen her show on Fit TV and when I recently bought a new step, the All Step Cross Train Xpress video came with it. I was thrilled! Having a little trouble with the choreography...not used to so much turning, etc. but it's getting better with each pass at it.

My question is this: In the first combo, she uses an "over and back" cue. In the second combo (or is it when she puts them together??), she cues for "ricochet". Are these two moves the same?

I've been lifting heavy for about 5 months now, and got back into step as something different to do for cardio....I was getting bored with cardio. Cathe made it exciting again!

I haven't done this one in a little while, but I think if you'll watch the video closely in the "over and back" move you rotate further in each direction as you go over the step. In other words, you face each way more fully after you go over. The "ricochet" is more on an "angle," you don't rotate as far.
Hope this helps!
Mattea

Hi Snazzy,
If I remember correctly the up and back is a backword movement, where the ricochet is a forward movement. For example, in the up and back you put your right foot on the left side and move backwards over the step where the ricochet you put your right foot on the right side and move forwards.

I hope that makes sense!

Jo

>Hi Snazzy,
>If I remember correctly the up and back is a backword
>movement, where the ricochet is a forward movement. For
>example, in the up and back you put your right foot on the
>left side and move backwards over the step where the ricochet
>you put your right foot on the right side and move forwards.
>
>I hope that makes sense!
>
>Jo

That DOES make sense! Thanks!! I'll watch it closer and see....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.