New to Cathe

Hi Everyone,
I am fairly new to Cathe and have been using the workout video, All Step, that came along with the step that I purchased. Its only been a couple of weeks but I am definitely ready to move onto some other Cathe videos. Does anyone have any suggestions on some Cathe videos that will help me transition to the next step. I am not necessarily trying to lose any weight but really just want to get back into shape and tone up a bit. Thanks for the help!!

Darcy~

Hi Darcy.

Welcome to the world of Cathe. Perhaps you should get the rest of the CTC Series (of which All Step is a part). It is a series of six workouts. Five have different types of cardio (kickboxing, step, intervals, etc) and the fifth one is a leg workout. All the cardio workouts include weight training for one body part per workout. For example, the kickboxing workout includes 10-15 minutes of bicep work.

This series is great to start with (in my opinion). The cardio sections are all about a half hour and will help you get the hang of Cathe. I'd get it on DVD, because you can then easily mix and match what you want to do. The DVD also comes with a compilation of all the upper body weight work.

Once you have mastered CTX, I'd get the Intensity Series and then Body Blast. Take a look at the workoup clips on the website to help you decide.

Be prepared...you are going to buy all of then eventually!
Have a good weekend.
Shelbygirl

Hi Darcy. First of all welcome. I yhink you can try the body blast series. The step is easy to learn and it is not as intense as the intensity series. I think that all step is the most tricky step workout of the ctx.It is to much if you are new to Cathe. Welcome.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

welcome! All Step isone of the harder ones to learn. I have to agree about the Blast set, it's so much fun and just a notch below the INtensity series.

I would purchase the Body Blast series, it's a tad easier than the Intensity series and has many premixes that the CTX series doesnt offer b/c it was made earlier. If you're interested in a "CTX-like" series you could purchase the Timesaver dvd which is short cardios with clips taken from the Body Blast series followed by 1-2 upper body/ab sections and has been dubbed "CTX 2".

Thank you to those that have responded. Its glad to get some options and different view points. I'm going to watch the clips from the videos from the ones you all have recommended and go from there. Happy Stepping!!

Darcy

Hi, Darcy:

I am pretty new to Cathe, too, so can't answer your questions with quite the aplumb of some of the ladies here, however, I will tell you what I did (since I can't buy everything at once, more's the pity, lol). I spent some time really thinking about what my goals are, what is difficult for me, and what I need to do to improve. Then I read the ratings chart that some wonderful soul here posted, and went along and viewed the clips on the site. I started with Legs & Glutes because I really want to improve the definition and strength in my lower body - I work out in a gym regularly but tend to focus on upper body there (probably because I HATE when people are watching me when I am trying to figure out form on something, or whatever).

My goals are overall body definition and increased endurance. I am in pretty good shape but don't FEEL like I am, if you know what I mean. I want to stop huffing and puffing... lol. Anyway, I ended up going with the Intensity Series with the Terminator DVD. This has lots of options and is very challenging. Next I am getting the high step, which comes with one of the earlier step videos (which I think you said you already have)... and then Power Hour, which I managed to catch on FitTV and was sore for two days afterward! It's hard not to go right for the Hard Core, but I really want to be ready for it when I get it...

Anyway, just my .02.

Good luck! I don't think you can go really wrong with anything here...

Marie

Hi Darcy,
I'm sure you'll get a lot of great replies to your question. I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and if you'd like to read all of the helpful suggestions I received, just go back in this forum and look for a topic called "New to Cathe-Questions about steps" authur is tracymac and last post was on Jan-14-05. The folks on this forum are great! I can now do IMAX2 with no blunders on the steps - in the beginning I was ready to give up!

Good Luck - you'll definitely get it soon! :D

Thanks all for the feedback. I love these open forums! It keeps me motivated to read about everyones experiences, whether they be good or bad.

Call me lazy but I love to just sit and watch the workout programs on Fit TV and thought one day that I should actually start doing them instead of watching! I've been one of those people that sporadically exercises but have been doing it regularily for a month now so that is an accomplishment for me. I think Cathe's programs are motivating enough, fun and she has such a wide variety that it will keep me going for years to come.

Now, I am guilty of being a fast food junkie and am trying to break that cycle. Its hard for me b/c I love greasy, fatty foods which is suprising since I grew up in a family that was very heath conscious.

My Goal: to lose about 5 pounds and tone up. I am going to Puerto Vallarta in November so that should keep me motivated!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.