My observations of S&H

lesliew

Cathlete
Does anyone find these workouts to be relaxing? I do. Cathe remarks that these workouts can be mentally challenging because they take intense concentration and "sometimes that concentration is just not there." Well, I find them to be some of the least mentally challenging workouts she's made! I found her more complex step workouts, or workouts like Power Hour, to be more of a mental challenge. Don't get me wrong, I do push myself when I do S&H. I go as heavy as I can and I use perfect form, but I think because they move so slowly, that there's little equipment changes involved, and that you get a nice break between sets, these workouts are very relaxing to me. In fact, when I'm not feeling well, or under stress, these are the workouts I chose.

P.S. They also give damn good results!

I like the S&H series also. I have also found that I get great results when I add them into my rotation.

Tammy

Funny you should mention that, Leslie. I also find S&H to be very relaxing. This came as a huge surprise to me. Although I own nearly every Cathe workout, I resisted purchasing S&H until very recently. I mistakenly thought that the pace of S&H would be boring and I also worried that lifting heavy would aggrevate my tennis elbow, something that also didn't happen. It is only my second week of S&H, but so far, I love it :)

I love the S&H series and have gotten great results using primiraly this with PUB, PLB and lots of cardio. I find the pace leisurely and need the one minute breaks between sets. I do not find it physically or mentally relaxing however as I am quivering and focusing on keeping my form and wishing the reps would end, LOL. I am using a weight load that pushes me near exhaustion for the last couple of reps and I wonder if I will be able to finish with good form.I have found that I need to up my weight about every two weeks for lower body in order to keep myself challenged and have needed to purchase a squat rack about 8 months ago in order to be able to get that amount of weight on my shoulders.I don't need to up the weight as frequently for upper body.

I LOVE this series!! I agree it can be very relaxing. I do think it's the slower pace of the workout. I have gotten great results with this series.

Aila:)

This is my all time favorite workouts. I do feel relax while I am doing them. Let's just put this way. I feel right in home and feel of fresh air after coming back from PUB and PUL. When I do not feel like doing anything, this is the only I reached for and they never failed me giving the best results I want. :7 :7 :7

Ooohhhhh, you guys are killing me. I had Slow and Heavy clear down on my wish list--it just got bumped!}( I didn't think I needed it, but how could I not?!?

I agree with you! I could do these all the time (and I do!). Since I workout before work, I find when I do these I relax more prior to work then when I do IMAX2 or a CTX workout. I guess it is the slower pace...you can kind of zone out during those breaks.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.