To The Max

catwoman7631

Cathlete
Wow! Did this workout for the first time last night and LOVED IT!! Who knew a step workout could be so much fun?! I usually avoid them because I can't follow along, but this was exactly what I've been looking for in a step workout...more like HiiT using a step. I was dripping sweat when finished! Can't wait to do it again.

Hey Catwoman7631!!! You might also like "Crossfire"!! They came out at the same time. Crossfire has kind of the same format where you go from one thing to the next, quickly. It also has Tabata's and weights. I think they could both be considered metabolic workouts. Def sweat fest!!

If I want something challenging without killing me (Think X10 workout :eek:), I do one of these. I feel accomplished, thoroughly worked and happily spent afterwards. Love, love, love these!!!! :eek:

I do have Crossfire too and also love it! I had put off getting To The Max because of the step but then decided to get it during the CV close out sale. So glad I did! And yes, X10 is a true killer. :)

You sent me scurrying back to my TV to preview this one again, having never done it. I see what you mean about HiiT with the step. Looks amazing. It's on my list for immediate future workouts!!!

I also previewed Body Max 2: do you have this one? It's also highly athletic step, all propulsive moves, then pure blasts and weighted leg moves in the second half. You'd love it!

Clare

Hey Clare....You've never done Crossfire or To the max? My oh my, are you in for a treat! They are incredible! Quick moving, varied movements, varied equipment, tabata, weights. Perhaps they should have been called "kitchen sink" workouts. Please be aware though, they are not intermediate. IMO

If you (or anyone) can do this workout feeling like it's at the intermediate level......I bow down and take my hat off to you! Go for it! :eek:

Did the triple tabata from Crossfire yesterday - what a way to spend 28 minutes! Certainly not intermediate :eek:

Ladies:

"immediate future workouts" not "intermediate"!!!!!!!

Yup, I know, who in their right mind would label these as intermediate?!?!?!

Made me laugh though.

Clare

Clare, now I get it! Oops!!! See.....this is what happens when I post things when I'm tired and don't have my glasses on :eek:. Sorry!

Thanks for your post and explanation.......I was feeling inadequate! I try so hard to keep up!

Last edited:
Never fel inadequate, never, not compared to me anyway!

You're here, you're doing Cathe workouts: it's all good.

Clare

Cat woman - do you have athletic training? It's a completely different workout from TTM, but the step is similar...just athletic moves. There's a short step segment at the outset of the workout, then strength training. It's a GREAT workout.

Cat woman - do you have athletic training? It's a completely different workout from TTM, but the step is similar...just athletic moves. There's a short step segment at the outset of the workout, then strength training. It's a GREAT workout.

YES!!! Another one of my favorites! I love the variety.

I don't have Athletic Training or Body Max 2. Is AT compound moves or like metabolic strength training? Or is it more like a Muscle Max kind of workout? I really need to go back and check out more of Cathe's step workouts. I just recently started hoarding...er, I mean buying, haha...her workouts and now her workouts are all I want to do. I can't believe I have been missing out on all this good stuff for so long!!

I don't have Athletic Training or Body Max 2. Is AT compound moves or like metabolic strength training? Or is it more like a Muscle Max kind of workout? I really need to go back and check out more of Cathe's step workouts. I just recently started hoarding...er, I mean buying, haha...her workouts and now her workouts are all I want to do. I can't believe I have been missing out on all this good stuff for so long!!

Hmmm...it's about 15 mins of non-dancy step followed by strength training, but cardio-based strength training, it's really unlike any other Cathe workout, but I really (really, really) don't care for step, and I love both TTM and AT. Have fun discovering all the workouts you haven't done yet! Have you considered The new Cathe streaming service? You could get it for just a month and try out all the workouts you want to so that you can decide what to buy. You can also buy a 1 day (or maybe one use) download of many Cathe workouts on Amazon...it's $1.99 or something like that.

Oh, I didn't completely answer your question. It's more high reps strength training than metabolic, and trust me, you feel the burn.

Oh, that sounds good! I'll have to add that to my Cathe wish list. At this point, I don't think I'm tech savvy enough for downloading. Haha! I really do like having the DVD. (I'm the same way with music...I still buy CDs.) PS - love your profile pic!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.