LOWMAX

Mckmain

Cathlete
Wow!!! This is an awesome low impact workout. I did the 1st 6 intervals and my thighs were burning. My Average HR was 118 which is a bit lower than most of the step workouts but you really work. Some very familiar moves with a bit of variation and I really had fun with the pendulums. I liked the music as it had a great beat and keep you moving. it makes me think Imax3 will be tough... :7 ...Carole

I did Hardcore Extreme - workout #2, it was intervals from low max, imax 3 and kick max. It was great. I was suprised at the intensity of the low max intervals. I enjoyed the music too.

JoJo

Hi Christi....I normally don't have knee problems but they do use an 8 inch step and as I am 5'4" I normally use a 6 inch one. So, it depends on what you are used to. But not being high impact my knees were fine...:)...Carole

JoJo....thanks for the info. Not sure when I'll try Hardcore Extreme but it sounds great!...:)...Carole

Hi Carole,
Was it difficult to follow? I have it on my schedule for this evening but I haven't previewed it. Thanks for the download.
Cathy

I did Low Max yesterday and had a great workout. It's not at all hard on the knees, but you do have to be aware because there is a lot of pivoting on the floor and some of it is fast. The moves are familiar but cued quickly - I previewed because I'm a sloooow learner with choreography and I got most of it with one or two brief rewinds. I go between a 4" and 6" step with Cathe cardio to protect my lower back, but I did this one at 6". The workout is not a space hog either - you'll need room to walk around your step plus a little room off either end - you do a grapevine off the side of the step - but you can easily modify to accommodate a smaller workout space. LOTS of leg work in the blast sections - your quads, hamstrings and glutes will be on fire. And a VERY thorough stretch at the end.

I'm looking forward to doing this one again.

Hi Cathy...Allison gave a good description! No, I wouldn't think its too hard to follow unless you are a newbie and have not done much of Cathes step workouts.....I hope you have fun with it...:)...Carole

This was the first of the new DVDs I tried---I know I should preview but I just jump right in. I enjoyed the new twists on some familiar moves & the music was good & the workout was very challenging. I did have to keep myself from jumping sometimes & that too was a challenge!

Leslie

I was planning on doing Cardio & Weights tonight but got to work and checked my email and saw my UPS delivery confirmation message!! Woo Hoo!! So, if it is delivered today (like the conf. says...) I'll be doing LowMax tonight instead!!! Can't wait!!!! Has it seemed like we've been waiting forever, or what??!! Ohhhh the anticipation!!! :D

I'm previewing this right now. I've been sick with sinus or head cold since Friday and can't workout yet...boo. This one looks great and I think it will be a tough little low impact workout. I like a lot of the music I've heard so far. I wish I could have the music louder option on these...I loved that feature on the BB series! LowMax looks awesome. I'm concerned about the amount of space needed for this workout and I will probably have to improvise a little bit.
Angela:7 :7 :7

OK, I'm back with my review... I did LowMax last night and please don't let the name fool you, it's TOUGH!!! It has A LOT... I'll say it again, A LOT!!! of tough leg work... lots of squat moves, lunges, high kicks, etc.... by the end of the tape, my legs were screaming for mercy x( and I was wondering if I'd even be able to get out of bed this morning!! And this was on a 6 inch step... Surprisingly my legs don't feel so bad today.

I'm not used to quite so much leg work... I think I prefer more of a cardio step type of workout, but I think will use this DVD occasionally.

I also have IMAX 3. I'm praying that it's do-able, and hoping that it's similar in style to IMAX 2... :)

My HCs are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. Lo Max, along with Muscle Max, is the workout I've been anticipating most. Gotta get rid of this bad cold before tomorrow!!!:eek:

Pinky

I loved this workout but I noticed in the end my knees were a little achy from all the squats and lunges. Also, my heart rate didn't get that high during the step sequences. I know she says you should try it with an 8 inch step but I'm really afraid a step that high would bother my knees. So, I'm thinking of buying a pair of 1 lb gloves. I know people use them for kickboxing and I think they would work great with Low Max.

>Also, my heart
>rate didn't get that high during the step sequences.

I felt that way as well. I just didn't have that "Wheew! Great cardio workout!!" feeling that I normally have after working out with other tapes...

I'd say this workout is more of a leg muscle conditioning workout with a little bit of cardio thrown in, than anything else...

I did LowMax last night without previewing. AWESOME workout!!! It was soooo much fun. I had no problem with choreo, even though I messed up a few time; but that did not take away from the workout. Since I was new to it, I did it on a 6in. step, which what I normally use for Cathe. I will probably do it a few more times on the 6in. and really enjoy the workout, before I bump it up to 8in.

I loved the music, but it is low. The choreo is sooo fresh. I am very happy with this workout and can't wait to do it again!

Cathy:)

>>I loved the music, but it is low. >
>Cathy:)

You're right... it IS low... I actually didn't even notice it for a lot of the workout. Maybe it was because I was too busy trying to learn the choreography... but I do remember thinking at the end of the workout that I didn't even know whether the music was good or not.. lol

I think Lo Max is a great solution for people (like me) who tend to bulk up in the quads -- it is a fantastic lower body without weights!

I am amazed at how great I feel after this workout!

I have not previewed Kick Max (I am not really a kickbox fan) or High Step Challenge.

Low Max kept me sweating and feeling so happy -- it is one of the most fun workouts I've ever done!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.