Love Muscle Max!

garance

Cathlete
I did Muscle Max this morning and feel thoroughly worked out. I like the slower pace, the heavier weights (no 5's or 8's were used)and the varying moves. There are many new twinges with these variations. I was also surprised by the impact of the band--tougher than I expected. It's a great workout.

Garance, is this more of an endurance-type workout where you work all of the body?

Thanks for the info!

Marie

In my view it's more of a strength building workout. Just as an example: for biceps she loads the barbell at 35 lbs. and you do slow bicep curls to elongate the muscle. Then she shifts to 10 lb. dumbbells and you do sets of halfway ups and halfway downs to really pump the biceps. The pace is slower than Muscle Endurance and the weights are pretty heavy at times, plus the sets are shorter and slower. Hope that helps.

Sounds good to me! I found her Gym Style workouts to be more endurance based and was concerned Muscle Max would be the same.

I loved this workout too! The time flew by, which is always an indication that I am enjoying doing the workout. I could feel it the next day in my upper body and my core. I liked that Cathe went heavier on the weights because it inspired me to go heavier. :)

JoJo

This workout is very well-rounded! I am especially pleased with all the exercises and felt that Cathe didn't "over-do" any one particular exercise move ( i.e., in past videos, the LEG PRESSES!!)
Anyway, the core work at the end is awesome, too. Also, I know others are complaining about the volume being too low but I have to say, I was too focused on doing this workout that it really didn't seem to bother me. I know that music is important to many (including myself) but heck, these workouts ROCK so let's all just be thankful we have such great new workouts from Cathe ;)

I did MM this morning. The time flew for me, too. The hardest section for me was the triceps. There wasn't really anything significantly different (db overhead press and dips) but my triceps were burning right away! Maybe because it was a superset. Ouch! I know I will have DOMS tomorrow. The abs seemed really tough also but that could just be because I was exhausted by then!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.