Love GS Legs!

TerryMia

Cathlete
Did this one today...just love everything about this workout...the floorwork is brutal!!... and then tacked on Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness "Magically Hips" section that clocks in at close to an hour...2 hours of working/stretching the legs...I feel it already, lol...wonder how sore I'll be in the next day or so? PLB used to be my favorite lower body, but this one ties with it now...just love it to death! :)

How funny, I just did GS Legs yesterday (loved it too!) and Eoin Finn's PY4H the quickie (30 minutes). Good combo. My favorite Cathe LB was L&G but GS Legs may give it a run for the money:)

Me too! I just did this today also and wow. I don't know if it is just me, but I have never felt fire in my legs like what I feel when doing the lunges that are near the end of the standing section (the slow ones with the 5 pound dumbells) They almost make me want to cry. My baby woke up just as I was finishing the workout and I was afraid I was going to have to crawl up the stairs to get him. Love this workout!

Melissa...I normally do Eoin's "quickie" or "daily dose of bliss" too, but I had the time yesterday and hadn't done "magically hips" in so long and forgot how good it was. :)

Noelle...Yeah!! Those 5-pound slow lunges KILL me too...lol

Sherry... I know...the band work is unbelievable...hard to believe a person could NOT have great legs doing this one a couple of times a week! :)

TerryMia,

My current rotation is focus on legs. I am looking for some Yoga/Pilate vids which can give me a good long stretch in my lower body. I am glad you post this thread. Could you tell me some more about this Eion Finn's Yoga? Will it give a good recovery section after you did a hard workout in your lower body?

Thanks

WantFit

Hi Terry:D

Sounds like your workin' hard....that sounds like a good combination you put together! I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE GS Legs!

Take care bud!!

Sami

Hi WantFit :) I LOVE Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness...the original routine is 80 minutes, but there are 4 other premixes on the DVDs (there are 2) that are 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 58 minutes (Magically Hips), and 53 minutes. It is just a fantastic yoga practice...love his style...his website is www.vancouveryoga.com. :)

Sami!!! :) Hiya girl!!! :)))

Yep, I'm really getting into this one lately...I used to do PLB a LOT, but this one is tickling my fancy these days. :)

Hope all is well with you...I think we need to put together a "mini road trip" again before the next "big" road trip, LOL!!!

Terry

I did GS Legs yesterday for the first time in about a month. I have been on a PLB and Slow and Heavy Legs kick.

I, too, love GS Legs. I gotta add this one back into my workout life. My hams are talking this morning. I may have to do a long stretch before my cardio so I can move!

>Hi WantFit :) I LOVE Eion Finn's Power Yoga for
>Happiness...the original routine is 80 minutes, but there are
>4 other premixes on the DVDs (there are 2) that are 30
>minutes, 40 minutes, 58 minutes (Magically Hips), and 53
>minutes. It is just a fantastic yoga practice...love his
>style...his website is www.vancouveryoga.com. :)

Thanks, Terry, I will check out.

WantFit

Hey Terry, did you see the thread on the "Open Discussion" boards about the Illinois Catheites? There are at least 6 of us near St. Louis. It would be good to see you again as well as other Cathe Fans. I think we need to get together! It would be fun. What do you think?

Sami

Hi all

Sounds like I should get GS legs now!! :p

My PLB is on the way, and I have Muscle Max. So far I am only doing Muscle Max for my lower body, but I have done PLB on discovery channel once, and I loved it. I was thinking to get L&G, but after reading all your replies, I am thinking perhaps I should get GS instead. What do you guys think?

Also I have one concern: I really don't want my legs to be bulky and HUGE!! I used to have problem with having big and 'soft' legs, and my butt didn't even look that great. After I started exercising, especially after I discovered Cathe, my legs & butt are toned and slimmer. Some "rumor" I heard is that if I do weight lifting targeting my legs too crazy, my legs are going to be bulky & huge, and I won't even fit in my pants anymore x( Even though I think it's a rumor, I just wannat double check with you gals :p

Sorry it's kind of a long email :+ Thanks for helping thou:)

>>Some "rumor" I heard is
>that if I do weight lifting targeting my legs too crazy, my
>legs are going to be bulky & huge, and I won't even fit in my
>pants anymore x( Even though I think it's a rumor, I just
>wannat double check with you gals

Hi Meow :) That seems to be the $64,000 question, lol...whether or not legs get bulkier with heavier weight and slower reps...I think it's just an individual thing...I know, for me, my legs DO tend to bulk if I'm using heavier weights, IF I'm not eating as cleanly as possible (at least for me, lol)...eating right is a HUGE factor for me...also, Legs and Glutes is another EXCELLENT leg workout that does use lighter weights in general and goes at a faster pace. I say get 'em all and experiment! LOL...Seriously, that's what I did/am doing! Anyway, you can't go wrong with any of them! :)

I just did GS Legs today after giving it a rest for a while(the last time I did it was June 1). I do like this workout a lot and the use of the band and stability ball at the end of the workout are real burners. I'm thinking of altering weeks where one week I do 3 day split workouts(S&H, GS, PS) and 1(MM) total body weight workout and 2 intense cardios and the next week doing 2 circuit workouts(BC, HSC, HSTA, BodyMax, C&W, CMax) with one ME(ME or PH) weighted workout and 3 cardio's and alternating those weeks for about 6 to 8 weeks and see what that does for me.
Angela:7

Angela, I'm in the middle of a 2-wk circuit/yoga/Pilates rotation. I like your idea of alternating split and circuit workout weeks; I think I might just do the same. Do you have specific goals you're looking to attain w/this?

Hey Susan,
I of course would like to lose some fat, but ultimately I need to give up M&M's and my sweet tooth to see majore gains there. I'm a school teacher and I often try to fit too much into my workout schedule on any given day. That is fine during the summer, but I'm always trying to figure out a way to get more from less workout time during the school year. I want to do more strength work but find it hard to get in enough cardio and so I usually don't stick to a strength roation for long or I do too much cardio and get tired out, so I figure I will try alternating weeks and see what that does for me. I'd like to see a little more muscle and a little less fat. Also, my body goes into a little bit of a shock when I do circuit workouts so I'd like to have a week where I focus on circuit/cardio and then suprise my body and do more weight training then I ususaly do with less cardio. So I guess, my goal basically is too see what this type of schedule does for me.

I've recently discovered yoga and I'm loving it, but will probably have to save a lot of yoga for a recovery week as I don't know how I will fit it in during the school year. I know there will be some nights when I just feel like doing yoga so I will go with that also. What does your rotation look like and are you enjoying and/or seeing the results you wanted? What are you favorite yoga workouts? I've discovered the 20 Min. Yoga Makeover Series by Sara Ivanhoe and I have and enjoy MTV yoga.

Angela:7

Hi Angela. :) This is MY problem also, trying to fit yoga in...like you I love it, but I'm having a hard time because I really want to do it every day and want to do Cathe's workouts also, so I'm winding up spending about 2 hours working out...which is okay when I have the time, but I don't always have the time and it's frustrating to me! lol

I got this one on the road trip and I'm a bit scared to try it! I got all three gym styles and have tried Chest & Tris and Back, Shoulders, Biceps, for some reason, I'm terrified of legs.

Maybe it's cuz Evily and Luna told me I'd have wicked DOMS for weeks after:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.