Legs and Glutes Vs. Leaner Legs

L Sass

Cathlete
Need your help again. I got Intensity series for Xmas and love it. My problem area is (as with many of us) glutes and thighs. I love PLB and some of you suggested Legs and Glutes. Of course since I'm new to Cathe I'm still in the "I have to get all of her that I can" mode. So I got and did legs and glutes for the first time today (followed immediately by IMAX 2 - what an awesome workout!) I pulled up the rating of her videos and see that leaner legs is actually rated higher than legs and glutes. Is it worth it, and how is it different?

Wow, I don't have any comments on Leaner Legs (don't have this one), but I bow before you for doing L&G followed by Imax2 -- you are my hero!

Hi, I prefer L & G. you have more variety with legs and glutes. The floor work in L & G is awesome. There are to much barbell squats for me in LL. My favorites Cathe's workouts for the lower body are PLB and L & G.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.:) :)

i like both workouts... but i like legs & glutes just a bit more... more of a fun factor to it!

but i would say.. YES to add leaner legs to your collection (well. the whole CTX series.. the whole thing is GREAT!)

Hi L Sass,

I have both of these but I don't do meaner legs much anymore. I have too many lower body workouts to choose from and LL just dosen't call to me. If I was just being introduced to Cathe now & knew what I know now, this one would not be at the top of my list. Of course, I love the rest of the CTX series so I guess this would come with the workouts that would be on the top of my list.

LL= eat my vegetables workout. Tough (some might say overkill), high rep, endurance, whip your butt workout. Uses traditional leg exercises with free weights. Includes abds. Older than L&G but not dated. I have to psych myself up for this one due to the dread factor.

L&G= eat my dessert workout. free weights and body weight exercises. Standing and floor leg work included. Released recently. I like the music better than LL. Time flies with this workout :7 . Just because it's dessert dosen't mean it's not good for you. ETA: this one includes premixes and KPC (which is a favorite of mine) on the DVD.

Hope this helps,
jordan

Helps a lot! I loved L&G though I did have to haevy up on the weights she used. Perhaps I'll just stick to PLB and L&G until hardcore is out and evaluate then. Thanks all! :)

Hi L Sass,

I love Leaner Legs as it really made a huge difference for me when I first put it into a rotation. Nowadays, if I'm going to do a tough lower body rotation, it almost always includes LL, L&G, S&H, & PLB. Woohoo!

Ruth:7

Actually, I like LL but did not like L&G's at all and traded that one. I think I view LL as meat and potatoes working out that gets the job done very quickly, not easy but quickly.

Kim

Jordan! What a great description of LL!!!! - "eat my vegetables workout"- I may do it myself this morning because I need a good leg workout & I have minimal time!

I like L&G cause it has a variety of different exerecises. Not an hour of squats, leg presses and lunges. And I love the floor work even though I haven't done it with ankle wts yet it still gives me a burn. That being said I like LL too and will be doing that one this morning.

catherine

RE: Leaner Legs?

R A C H,

How succinct :D. I really do have a love/hate relationship with this one. Let's just say we have issues.

cakebaker,

Hmmmm your name is making me hungry. I have visions of a warm kitchen with good smells. On this coooolllld morning, I find comfort posting to you. Did you do LL yesterday & are you feeling it today?

jordan

I hate to add a workout here but I have had unbelievable results with PS Legs and Abs. I did Pure Strength for 5 weeks in Oct/Nov and it reshaped my body. I love the floorwork in PS. I really enjoy the other lower body workouts too! How nice to have variety.:)

Haven't even considered that one - I'll have to take a look. It really did reshape your body?

You are in trouble now,

Cause if we get to explore further, there is a whole new dimension to lower body workouts. Yes, I do agree with PSS, S/H, & PLB. Don't forget kickboxing. There are sooo many choices. Sometimes you just have to order the whole shebang or whittle down to what you want in your immediate workout routine. Don't get me started on other workouts :p . I'm an apple, I can only imagine the wisdom a pear would share.

Hide your credit card,
jordan

OK just finished LL this morning and I stand by what I said it seems like endless squats and leg presses. All be it though these are very effective. As my lower body was quivering so much I could hardly complete the last set of plie squats. Darn those low ends!!}( An effective w/o but now I truly remember while it's been a while since I did it :D

Catherine

Actually, I ended up doing Power Circuit and the stability ball part of PLB. I wanted to get in some cardio, too, so had to make the most of the 45 minutes I had to workout. I had done Power Hour earlier in the week, so I got away without doing LL. This is why I always write my exercise schedule in pencil - I'm always changing it. Like tomorrow I'm PLANNING on doing KPC, but we'll see.

I liked the pace of PS Legs. I could really heavy up and not fatigue. The floorwork is killer and I love being able to use ankle weights. I am an hourglass/pear so my extra weight is in my lower body. Doing the 5 week rotation leaned me out and got great definition, I did not bulk.
By the way, the ab work in the PS series is great too!
I am doing the Pyramids now - Intensity series for 4-5 weeks. I am curious how that will go!;-)

LL

Endless is an understatement. My happiest moments are during the DEADLIFTS. There's even an ABS segment afterwards. Assuming I would still be functional.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.