leaner legs - I am a weinie

PamHurley

Cathlete
I just finished leaner legs...I feel like a weiner because they are using a 35 lb barbell, and I'm just using the bar by itself! And I can barely walk! Is there anyone else that started out at such a low weight? Please make me feel better!

when I first started doing Cathe. I could barely do static lunges- I used my barbell for balance LOL. So hand in there. Now I use anywhere from 20-40 # for leg work depending on the w.o.

catherine:7

You're not a weenie!

I'll make you feel better. I just did Leaner Legs for the first time the other day, and I only used my little 10-lb. body bar...and I still couldn't do all the exercises all the way through. Those nasty low-ends got me every single time...and those one-legged squats!!! Yeow! I, too, could barely walk afterward.

LL is so fierce, you'll feel the workout even without weights. There have been days when I wasn't able to finish LL, and I use less weight than Cathe for this workout. You got through it, that's the most important thing.:) Keep at it. One day you'll find yourself using heavier weights than Cathe.

Pinky

When I started I could only use my 12 lb. body bar. Sometimes I find myself eyeing it even now! LOL

Don't worry, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll gain strength. Just listen to your body.

Ruth:)

LL comes up in my rotation sometime this week. I don't remember right now what weight I use or what weight I will attempt to use this week but I remember the jello feeling and the agony I feel in the midst of all the squats and lunges. I hate the workout while I'm doing it but love the fact that I did it once it is over. The last time I did LL I remember feeling really good b/c it did not seem as hard as I remembered(which was a good sign that I was getting stronger) so I was really encouraged. It was really difficult but I did not have that I'm gonna die feeling. Anyway, it has been a while so I don't know what it is going to be like this week. Yowza! Keep up the great work!
Angela:7

I'm so glad you posted this. I did this last night and kept thinking how I was only using 30#BB while Cathe was using 35#. I remember I started out with 20# and have worked myself up to 30#. I really was a burner last night....anyway kept thinking what a weenie I was not using 35#. It takes time, but keep plugging (or should I say low-ending) away...it does get a little-teeny-weeny easier as you keep at it;-)

Sam

I just want to thank everyone so much for the positive input and kind words...it really made me feel better. And guess what...the next day after doing LL I was much less sore than previous times. So I guess that means it is working after all! Have a great day everyone! Pam:7 :7 :7

When I started doing Leaner Legs I began with about 20 lbs. I eventually worked my way up to 55 lbs. It can be done but you must be consistent and continually challenge yourself as you become ready.

We have to start somewhere, right?:)

Is she REALLY using a 35 pound barbell?

Just wanted to throw this question out to everyone as I'm guessing she's really only using a 25 pound barbell. That barbell looks suspiciously like a Troy barbell where the bar itself is 5 pounds and not 15 pounds as what was used in PS and MIS! Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this.

Lorrayne

RE: Is she REALLY using a 35 pound barbell?

i don't know why she'd lie! i use the same weights she uses: 35 pounds... i don't use heavier even though i'm strong enought to... cuz i don't want to bulk up my legs!

i thought her plates look fatter than my skinny troy plates!

I thought I remember from last night Cathe saying she was using 35 on the barbell - Leaner Legs. Anyone else on this?

Sam

She did say she was using a 35 pound barbell; however, I'm not quite sure it really is as it looked like the troy barbell....

I read a post a long time ago that said that at the time CTX was released, Cathe posted (I think?) that she is actually using less weight for that series than she says she is using. I found this to be very odd, because she's never done that in any other video. I wasn't around when this series was released, so I can't speak to the veracity of the posters' statement. I never really looked hard at her barbell to calculate what she's using, but I do know that she is using the Troy barbell.

Sandra

I've thought the same thing about the weight that is actually used. It does look lighter than 35 lbs. I use 35 lbs. most of the time, sometimes 30, but 25 for the lunges.
Susan C.M.

I remember a while ago Brenda was mentioning to me that the weights they used in rehearsal was much lighter than what was used in production. Silly me not to ask her what she meant by that! I initially thought that they were using something heavier than 35 pounds. However, while doing LL last week, it appeared that they were using less poundage...

You and me both. The first time I did leaner legs I posted something very similar to what you did. I think it is the lower range exercises that make it such a killer, and the number of reps. I have other weight tapes that I don't have a problem with. I laughed when one of the responses to my post referred to this workout as Meaner Legs. It stuck. I can't think of it as anything else! Everyone promises results so I keep trying with this one, but it takes a good talking to myself to get me motivated to do it. If you can picture a devil and an angel on each shoulder, that is how I feel everytime I get this tape out. The good girl wants to do it and the bad girl really tries to talk me out of it.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I just did LL today, and this time with 20 lbs. And, I did all the reps without stopping (ok, I fib - I missed a rep or two, but ONLY because I was losing my balance!) I love feeling stronger,and being able to see where I started and how I've grown! Thanks all who responded to my original post with kind words and encouragement! Have a great day! Pam
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Good for you!!! It's always nice to feel we are progressing. Don't you love that strong feeling? I too am a weinie, I started with teeny weights on the barbell too. I like this workout.

Jeanette

I have also always wondered about the weights on this workout. Cathe's barbell LOOKS a whole lot lights than 35 lbs. And then when she puts the barbell down and picks up the dumbells doesn't she says she's going to "increase the wieghts" to 10 lbs.? I never did follow that logic. I do use 35 lbs on the barbell though and sometimes increase to 40 or 45.

But am I the only one who finds this workout boring? It doesn't really do anything for me. L&G on the other hand knocks me flat. And I am definitely feeling DOMS today after doing GS Legs yesterday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.