LB Floorwork recommendation ?

Linda1

Cathlete
I have just finished weeks of Physical Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis. ( This is not a fun condition! As I type, I am icing my foot.) The PT told me to go ahead and begin lower body workouts, but for the next 3 weeks she wants me to not do any weight-bearing exercises. ( Like Cathe's " standing " segments- squats , lunges etc...) I have just about ALL of Cathe's videos, but ( HA, HA) I have NEVER done ANY of her floor work ! So, for example on a legs day, I would normally do LBB or B&G and skip all the floor work. So... this is going to KILL me. :D She ( the PT) wants me to start building back on LB before I do a lot of weight-bearing stuff.
Does anyone have a recommendation for me in WHERE TO START ? I will only be doing floor work. Which one of Cathe's videos is easiest to start with ? Any suggestions on a progression ? Anybody been there and done that ?
( For general info : I have been swimming a mile 2X a week, and doing Muscle Max - UB premix + Abs 2X a week, plus A LOT of stretching, along with PT 3X a week for many weeks now. )
Thanks !!

Gym Styles lower body has a great section. Got me good! By the way, sorry about the plantar faciatis. I've had it too. Not fun!

Hi Linda,

Because I do not know much about the condition you have mentioned, You will need to view and eventually skip some of the exercises. Leg and Glutes has floor work. Lower body of Total triset LIS series and Leg disks from XTrain.

All the best,

Linda - I feel for you - not just the PF, but having to do floorwork ;) It makes me feel like an extra in a Jane Fonda video - and it's SOOOO dull.
I have a tendency to PF, too - in fact, I've just been measured for new insoles, and I'm hoping they'll keep it at bay (I can feel it starting).
Do you think you would be OK doing barre work? It's slightly less dull than pizza presses :p
If not, I recommend a good magazine whilst you're on the floor.
HTH!
Justine

Not Cathe workouts but I think these 2 workouts offer the best floorwork that is longer in length as well...

Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout

Margaret Richard's Home Improvement

Last edited:
Don't forget there is a floor working section in Pure Strength/Legs. I used ankle weights instead of the body bar and it works like a champ. Recently, I pulled out this forgotten treasure and found that I enjoyed the floor work (didn't feel like endless reps, but it was effective).

Sorry about the PF. I've had it before and it was hellish. Have you tried wearing a night brace? It really helped me a lot, particularly those first steps after sleeping, and I think it speeded my healing. After you recover, I recommend keeping up with your PT exercises, particularly those that strengthen the fascia on your feet. Making that muscle strong and flexible will go along way in having to go through it again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.