Just Ordered the Intensity Series!:)

RWattier

Cathlete
Hi! I have been patiently waiting to order this series, and I finally had saved up enough to buy them today! I am very excited. I am new to Cathe, but have been involved in sports since HighSchool and work out about five to six times a week. I have her HSTA and MIC, and Imax, and RS. I don't care for RS, but love love HSTA and Imax! I am also a certified Pilates instructor and teach during the week. My question is: What types of results do you generally see with the Intensity Series?? and how would you rotate Pilates into the weekly routine?? Would it be more effective to add Pilates on after a weight training day or Cardio day?? Any thoughts on this and overtraining? Is there really such a thing as overtraining if you work out for one hour each day? Just interested in some feedback.

Thanks ahead of time,

Nebraska
RWattier

:)

Hi RWattier. You have done a great purchase. The IS is awesome. I have all the Cathe's workouts and other workouts of another instructors and the Intensity series is the best series I know. You are gonna enjoy. If you love IMAX 1 you are going to love IMAX 2. Be ready to jump in the interval 9 and to do sumo squats and jumps side to side etc. You are gonna work hard. I have the pilates basic system of Mary Winsor. I usually do pilates is great in your rest day.I feel I am lazy if I don't do something evryday. I don't think that you will be overtrained if you work one hour each day.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :) :)

Thanks for your response! I have read quite a few postings or yours and you are one of the reasons I decided to order the entire Intensity Series plus the Terminator! The Terminator sounds like one killer workout and I love those! and seems to be a favorite of yours - plus it was rated very high on the challenging scale! :) Pilates has really helped me strengthen my core, but I also need workouts that make you really sweat. Mari Winsor has two workouts that I enjoy : the 20 minute Advanced Body Slimming and the hour Maximum Burn. THe other ones are too boring and I just cannot get into them. It is a struggle to rotate cardio, circuits, weights, and pilates/yoga throughout the week - there never seems to be enough time - but I know what you mean......if I don't do something during the day, I feel guilty. I do have a nine month old German Sheppard that does keep me walking daily; however, the weather has been below zero in Nebraska for the past two weeks and we haven't gotten out much :(

Anyway, thanks for your response and all your other postings! Everyone is so helpful on this forum!

Nebraska
RWattier

Hi RWattier,

I also like to do Pilates or Yoga. In the weekends I do them early in the morning and then I do my plan workout in the afternoon. I also do them in my rest day. Right now I only own the Intensity Series and I love it very much. My husband today told me I feel like I rock. I sure took that as a big compliment since I work very hard with the IS series. I'm saving some money to buy some more DVD's, but I get frustrated cause I really would like to have all the DVD's now!!!

Jen

Hi RWattier. Thank you very much. Yes I looove terminator. My favorite is the gaunlet but this workouts mix two of my favorites: IMAX 2 and bootcamp. I love ME too. I usually do the upper body split of ME. I usually do the PLB exercises in the stability ball. I am happy because I see similar exercises with the stability ball in the new hardcore workout. I prefer S & H for strenght but the PUB is a great purchase too.C & W is not as intense as the others workouts. I usually do the cardio split after my weight training. Enjoy.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

I totally understand! I want every dvd Cathe has put out! It took me forever to decide what series to buy first! I love intense, make you sweat workouts, so I went with the Intensity Series, but I also have HSTA (love the leg presses) and MIC, RS, and Imax. Imax is my favorite on that dvd, and next I might order the CTX as I have heard great things about that series as well - need to wait a few months as my husband already thinks I am crazy for having as many workout videos as I have, but once I found Cathe - none of my other workouts can compare!! She is terrific. It is hard to fit in pilates and yoga, but they are so great for stretching out and just relaxing, although Yoga has always really worked my lower back well - so that is an added benefit! I cannot wait to get the Intensity Series! Cannot wait to try the Gauntlet - heard that one is fantastic!

RWattier
Nebraska

hey RWattier!
i think you will LOVE the IS!!!! I think of all the cathe dvds/vids I have, I find myself reaching for any of these the most! :)

As far as results, when I first got the IS, I used Cathe's strength rotation she posted for IS and I noticed a huge difference- after doing PUB so much, I could lift more weight. the SH series seemed EASY after doing PUB, I had to add on more weight!

With the pilates....I do one day of yoga, 5 days weights and/or cardio and one day off (about an hour each day, sometimes a little less depending on the workout). I have been able to maintain pretty well with this routine. I used to be a 6 day a week cardio/weights and usually no time for yoga.

I think an hour a day is just fine. not overtraining, imho. Just be careful that you are not doing too many real intense videos back to back/during the week. Let your body recuperate. How frequently are you doing the pilates?

cheers,
Kelli

I usually get pilates in three times a week and I teach one class per week, but pilates seems like stretching and mainly core, that I cannot imagine it would hurt to do it daily! I have never felt like the legs and thighs get worked out that well, but the core work can be a very intense workout! I love that part! :)

Nothing to add, but, oh man, you are going to LOOOOVVVVEEEE the Intensity Series! I get all goose-bumpy when someone says they just ordered it! It is da BOMB.

Have fun!!

Hi!

I, too, love the Intensity series. I find myself reaching for it constantly, and in fact, there's always an intensity workout in my weekly rotation. My favorites are IMAX2 and ME. I like Cardio & Weights and Bootcamp, but IMAX2 and ME are my favorites.

If you liked HSTA, you will love the Intensity series. Because I love it so much, I just purchased the other two in the series -- the Pyramid DVD -- and found that that comes with a mix of the two, making a total body workout. So 3 for the price of 2. I'm excited, too. Can't wait to get them.

So enjoy. They have become a part of something I do each week.

;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.