It's a disease

jengollf

Cathlete
I'll admit, I've always had a problem with fitness purchases. Prior to discovering Cathe, I hoarded other workouts and workout programs. But since I have discovered Cathe, it has gotten ridiculous. Not just the workouts--I have purchased well over 40 of her individual DVDs, plus STS and I've pre-ordered Xtrain. In addition, I've purchased a barbell, plates, a club step and a high step. For Christmas my husband is getting me a squat/bench press rack and a bench.

I thought I was done. I thought I had everything I wanted--Cathe/fitness-wise. Then I did Intensity. :confused: I have avoided her workouts that contain complex step choreography, but I was able to do Intensity with only minor problems. Which means... I might be able to do some of her other step workouts that I've avoided. So... I've started browsing again. :eek: I added several to my wishlist including Rhythmic Step + Interval Max + Maximum Intensity Cardio--which is normally a pretty expensive DVD. Guess what today's daily deal is? ;) And OF COURSE, I had to get free shipping, so I tossed in two more workouts from my new wishlist: Athletic Step and Low Impact Circuit. (and I got my 15% off, as well!)

Even though I've already placed the order, I still would like opinions on the workouts I ordered today: Rhythmic Step + Interval Max + Maximum Intensity Cardio, Athletic Step and Low Impact Circuit. I have (and still am) avoiding the Imax workouts because I know the choreogrpahy in them is very complex. But the reviews I've read seem to indicate that the original Interval Max is not. What is the level of intensity and the choreography complexity of the workouts I just purchased?

Also, still sitting on my wishlist is: LIS Low Impact Challenge and Low Max. What is the intensity level and choreography complexity?

It appears the only way I will actually stop purchasing them is when I finally own every last one. :confused:

I disagree with that assessment: the Imaxes are some of the easier choreography. RS is some of the most complex. I think you might like Athletic Step and the new LIS Low Impact Circuit (new not the original) better. The imaxes are more drill based and not as much choreography.

I disagree with that assessment: the Imaxes are some of the easier choreography. RS is some of the most complex. I think you might like Athletic Step and the new LIS Low Impact Circuit (new not the original) better. The imaxes are more drill based and not as much choreography.

Thanks for the reply. I had read that RS choreopgrahy was pretty intense, but I figured since I was getting 3 workouts on one DVD, if one didn't work out for me, no big deal. That is dangerous to hear that Imax workouts are not as complex as I'd read....:rolleyes: I do own Terminator but haven't done it yet. I thought, Terminator would give me a better idea of the complexity of at least Imax 2. I personally really like high intensity drills, so the idea of Imax has always intrigued me, but I am not highly coordinated, especially when Cathe does moves with her back to the camera (so my back is to the tv...). Though I do have to admit, the more Cathe workouts I do, the better my coordination gets. In fact, one of my early Cathe workouts was Body Max, which I hated because of the step choregraphy (but I loved the upper body strength work). Now I think I need to go back and give Body Max another try. I might like it better now.

Last edited:
I really like LIC and Low Max. Both have fun music and moves. Cathe breaks them down well, so there's not a huge learning curve. There are "blasts" with both of them, which is simple choreography. If you have trouble learning the steps, most DVDs have a "slow" button. Try doing it the first time in that mode. It helps me to learn without having to repeat so much. Good luck!

Um...I've only been here a week and I've already pre-ordered XTrain and bought STS as a daily deal. Oh...and Afterburn.

I check the DOD first thing in the AM. I have a pile of discs on my wish list.

I didn't realize how contagious this "disease" was. Enjoy your new workouts!

I only started home fitness on a more serious level in late 2010. My DH is an accountant. Yesterday, he printed off how much I spent on DVD's in 2010, 2011 and 2012. I had to laugh 'cos when my DD asked what's on the paper, he turned to her and responded calmly " a year's worth of your University tuition". :eek: I can't even say the amount for fear of judgement. That said, I've enjoyed every minute of my working out, quit the gym and plan on buying more and more and more and more and moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hello Intervention Canada? My Mom's Strange Addiction?

My husband makes fun of me. I'm a little embarrassed about my recent hoarding. Outside of Cathe workouts I own A LOT of other workout DVDs and programs--but I have been accumulating them over the past decade. My most recent 50+ Cathe workouts? About 6 months. But I actually do them--every single day. And I adore them. So no buyers remorse.

Still, there is a part of me that is relieved I own nearly all of them--then this madness can stop! There are 16 Cathe DVDs I still don't own--I feel confident I will never buy.... at least 5 of them. :(

Um...I've only been here a week and I've already pre-ordered XTrain and bought STS as a daily deal. Oh...and Afterburn.

I check the DOD first thing in the AM. I have a pile of discs on my wish list.

I didn't realize how contagious this "disease" was. Enjoy your new workouts!

We are enablers--you will soon have more! :p The disease is like a plague!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat....I now have every Cathe DVD I want (uh, all but a few!) and have added significantly to my exercise equipment. These purchases bring me significant joy and good health, though, so I don't worry about it too much.

And I had an LOL moment at work today. One of my colleagues was walking by my office when excitedly asked "Do you know what tis weekend is?!?!?" And before I could answer she said "Cathe must be releasing her new DVD" or something close to that. I though it was so funny! While that would also have me unbelievably excited, I was just happy to realize that this weekend is "fall back" for daylight savings time so we all get an extra hour of sleep...it's my favorite weekend of the whole year!

I love low impact circuit green outfits ..love bodymax 2...but I also just got cardio hits and classic volume and I have been enjoying them so much. It makes u work medium intensity and learn her more basic reutines but, and helps you learn the more intricate dvds. So yes I understand this " disease " lol. I have all I want I think now. I bought a lot to and I've only learned about cathe when LIS came out

Glad I'm not the only one who has most of Cathe's DVDs. But I still figure it's cheaper than annual gym memberships, because I do the workouts over and over. :)

I don't think you'd find the IMax DVDs that difficult choreography wise. As another commenter pointed out, they are more drill oriented. I love them. They are great when you want a hardcore cardio workout in under one hour.

You are too funny. You will get whatever sounds good until you have what you want..just like me and everyone else! I don't have some of the originals you mentioned but have IMAX 2 & 3. You can do those I think. Low impact circuit is one of my favorites and low max isn't complex choreography but is a good leg workout. So get the deals when they are offered, especially the presales. I am 50 and still dog-determined to do whatever I can. Did Intensity yesterday and To the Max today :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.