IMAX3-Long Blasts, Short Recoveries

Cruncholi

Cathlete
Did anyone else notice how long the blasts are and how short the recoveries are compared to IMax1 and IMax2?

Or maybe I am just a big wimp. This workout just kicked my butt!

While previewing IMAX3 I made the same observation. How did you feel doing it? What was the difficulty factor as compared to IMAX2?
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

I think Cathe's description of this workout said the blasts were longer and the recoveries shorter. I feel a butt-kickin' workout on the way! I'll get my DVD's tomorrow, and I can't wait to preview them and see how "fun" this workout will be!

Hi ladies,

I noticed the longer blasts too. I think it is more difficult than Imax 2 IMO. I couldn't finish all of the intervals in Imax 3, but can complete the all in Imax 2. Interval 8 is a killer!!

Aila

>Did anyone else notice how long the blasts are and how short
>the recoveries are compared to IMax1 and IMax2?
>
>
>
>Oh Lord...:eek: That Cathe sure loves to "challenge" us, doesn't she?? }(

I haven't done my IMax3 DVD yet but now I'm kind of dreading it...:p I hope that there is a fun factor to this workout to make up for it being so difficult...
:+

I did 6 of the 10 intervals in IMax 3 this morning but ran out of time what with all my fumbling around learning the new combos. Yes, even basic choreography stymies me at first.

The recoveries are certainly shorter. At first I was a little panicked, but I realize that this will provide a great challenge in the weeks to come. I think that while there is a fun factor to the workout, it also has a more "hardcore" feel to that the other IMax's IMO. Cathe and crew are fantastic in this workout. She definitely lets you know right off the bat that it is time to get serious and work.

This series is aptly named!

I felt a very big burn in my legs during the blasts, and I had to modify the blasts a bit. I got VERY winded during those blasts. I got through the whole video, but the choreography is more complex for the step combos than Imax 1 and 2, so I was not doing a good job of keeping my heart rate up during the step combos. Therefore, the lack of recovery time was not a huge deal today, but I think it will cause me an issue as I get the choreography down.

This is a very intense workout. I think it is harder than 1 and 2. I will not master it for a long time!

I did this tape this morning and loved it! Wow was I winded though!
You will notice the shorter rest periods that's for sure. The choreography was a little tricky for me too and I had to rewind a few times. I'm trying to stay optimistic and realize how great I will feel when I can do it all smoothly.

I'm thinking about getting ready to do another tape because I am so excited to try them all.:7

Now, I'm afraid! I haven't gotten mine yet, but I did IMAX last night for the first time in about a month and I about died!

I even think Cathe mentions during one recovery segment that the recovery is short and that if you need more time do so, then she continues to say something like this is Hardcore, now.

I've been waiting to hear about IMAX3 before ordering it. I think I'll have to splurge and get it (just need to figure out how to sneak *one* more exercise video past my DH LOL!). This morning instead of an interval run of 30 minutes from the Feb rotation I did 'blast mania' premix from IMAX2. What fun! I need these extra hard cardios to get my heartrate up there. IMAX3 sounds like it will fit the bill.

I also thought the choreography was pretty tricky, but that helped me to think about something other than being tired. ;) I did the whole thing this morning and I was thinking I wouldn't make it through. I fumbled through a few of the step routines, so I'm sure I was not getting the heart rate up as high as I would have if I had it mastered. It was fun- Tainted Love, Human Nature, Bon Jovi (You give love a bad name? I can't remember for sure.) For the most part, I thought the blasts were more fun than the blasts on IM2 and IM1. Still hard but more going on, so it seemed more fun.

>Now, I'm afraid! I haven't gotten mine yet, but I did IMAX
>last night for the first time in about a month and I about
>died!

I only previewed this workout. But, it reminds me of the first time I watched IMAX..It struck FEAR in me!:eek: It was months before I even had the courage to try it.

But I have try all the new workouts at least once, so I will save this one for a day that I have a lot of energy or a lot of stress to work off. :7

I am sure it will be worth it

Donna

I thought this one was really tough when I did it on Wednesday. The choreography was a bit tricky, and the blasts are much tougher than Imax 1 and 2 IMO. I have decided to first do just the premix of the step segments to learn the choreography; then do the premixes that split the routine in half, and then, at some future pt., try to put it all together. Even then, I am pretty sure I will be doing some modifications. This one really stymied me on my first try. But I am an old lady--58.

Hi everyone! I did this one yesterday. Boy was it intense! I thought it was more difficult than the first 2 imaxs. I was kind of afraid to try it but told myself I'll only do the first 5 intervals but I ended up having so much fun I did the whole thing. The time just flew by! I found the choreography a little tricky but doable, I should have it down in a few tries. Making it through all those blasts might take a little longer though:)

A WORD OF WARNING: this workout is very high-impact! In some of the blasts Cathe actually jumps OFF of the step. This is something new for her as she doesn't do this in any other videos.

Jacque

Yes, I noticed this too! The blasts are definitely longer and the recoveries are definitely shorter! I didn't have any problems with the choreography - it'll take me few times though do appropriately get through all of the blasts. A few left me more winded then I expected. I'll know next time around! :) :)

Jo

I did this one this morning - and it IS harder than Imax 1 & 2. I would suggest that anyone doing it for the first time preview it first. Some of the combos are a little hard to get the first time, and I'm saying that as a experienced Cathe stepper who is very used to her cueing. It's a doozy - and as I said about KickMax, I defy any DH who dismiss our Cathe workouts as silly to just try it! Getting older has not effected Cathe at all - she just gets tougher. She must have been a drill sargeant in her previous life.

I noticed that too! Just finished it tonight. Interval 6 was the killer for me. Love it!!! Oh, and yes it's tougher (intensity wise) than 1 and 2 for sure!!

Imax 3 is the one workout I am afraid of -- I have made it through MIC, IMAX 1 & 2 and IMAX Extreme.

But I honestly do not see the day that I will be able to do that workout all the way through!

It is so intimidating that I put it at the bottom of my entire 11 DVDs.

I don't see how Cathe does that and cues and wears sound equipment. My Goodness! Cathe is a Dynamic Energizer Bunny!

Kudos to the rest of the cast too -- I don't see how they did it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.