If you have the Troy barbell that Cathe uses...

Wendy G.

Cathlete
I'm thinking about ordering the Troy barbell system that Cathe uses in her workouts. For those of you that have it, can you please tell me if you like it/don't like it and why? I want to make an informed decision before I spend the $$$.

TIA! :)

Hi Tia: I Love the Troy Bar and Weights.
I bought it from: fwoneline.com It has made a big difference
I am so glad I bought it, just wish that I hadn't waited so long
to buy one.
I believe that I saw it on one of the stores on
Cathe's Store options etc.
Rocky

I love it so much that I actually bought two because I'm back and forth between two residences. At first I bought a cheap one that was the screw on type and it was a major pain to change weights. The Troy light bar is perfect!!!! I like that it has four two and 1/2 pound weights because sometimes (like all the time, ha ha) I need to use just a little less weight than Cathe is using. I also like that the weights are encased in rubber and the very easy to put on and off. Also, the 40lb. total weight is really enough for me.

I also have two Troy Lite sets, along with extra plates (10# and 1.25#--they don't carry the latter anymore, though). I use them both at home, but they allow me to spend less time making weight changes, like when I do PUB.

I love pretty much everything about them:
The compact size.
The rubber-encased weights that won't rust (like my previous plates started to).
The dohickeys (brain freeze on what they're called!) that hold the weights on.
The fact that you can purchase components separately.

Definitely a worthwile purchase!

Hey Tia!

Go for it. I too have the Troy barbell. It's a great piece of equipment. It'll be money well spent.

Take care.

The Nuyorican

I totally LOVE my Troy barbell set. I ordered it through fitness first's website (the one mentioned above) and received it the next day! I was totally shocked when I saw it on my front porch! Anyway, money very well spent!!
Paula

Thanks everyone for your input! I was on vacation and forgot that I posted this.:p

It looks like I'll be purchasing this based on your comments. I really like the small size of the bar and the rubber weights. I've been using my husband's weight bar, but the bar alone weighs 25 lbs., is really long and I have to move it and any weights I want into the room I work out in and it's just a big pain in the you know what! This way, I'll have my own set that I can keep where I want!

Thanks again! :) :) :)

It is much loved by most Catheites. I've had mine for many years and still love it as much as I did the day I bought it. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.