I am new to Cathe

momsenergy

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I am new to Cathe and I recently bought her beginner/intermediate Basic Step and Body Fusion and I love it, love it, love it. I have been doing a few of the The Firm dvd's since May 04. I did not like the BSS3 that was recently released and so I began to look to other exercise instructors and that is how I found Cathe. I have been browsing her web site for a couple of weeks now and feel a little intimidated with all the hard core stuff on some of these dvd's. I love to exercise and I want more for myself and like I said I have fallen in love with Cathe's style and her crew and work outs. I don't know where to begin with cathe. I really do not like doing video's that are 80's or very early 90's. Some of the music sounds to different and the clothes look different too. Any suggestions on where to begin? I only have the body fusion dvd and I love doing step and weights. Thanks in advance.

Yolanda

Hi Yolanda! welcome to the forum! i agree with you! i don't care for dated workouts either. too hard to concentrate b/c i am annoyed! but, there are pleanty of "new" cathe workouts, so you're in luck! since you are new to Cathe, i am not sure what your experience is with step coregraphy or intensity level. that makes it a shot in the dark. some people like to get the older tapes because it helps them learn the moves for the newer ones. if you are already familiar with stpping and /or you pick up footwork quickly, then you should have no problem with any of the workouts. the Body Blast series is easier than the Intensity series in my opinion, but still challenging! i only started working out in Nov with Cathe, so i still have work to do on my aerobic endurance. Intensity series has more jumping and high impact moves and i have to modify them alot. if you want a rating of difficukty level on Cathe's workouts, the top thread on the DVD forum should help some. whatever you choose, you'll love it! that's just how it goes around here. have fun and stick around. we want to hear from you on a regular basis!

jes:D

I agree with Jes...If you need to have the step choreography broken down for you in order to learn it (LIKE ME!:)) then you just might want to seriously consider some of Cathe's older work outs. This will be another "building block" after Basic Step/Body Fusion for you. You will learn more choreography so then when you move into her newer, more advanced work outs you will be familiar with the moves.

JMHO.

Now if you catch on to fancy footwork quickly than you are in luck coz then you can order anything that catches your interest and start havin' some REAL fun right off the kick! :7

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hi Jes, thank you for the reply. Yes, I would say that I can pickup footwork fairly quickly. I've done Nancy Tucker's "Cardio Sculpt" and "Calorie Killer" from The Firm. I did well with Basic Step and Body Fusion due to Cathe's impeccable cueing of course. I've been previewing the video clip of Body Blast Vol. 1- Step, Jump & Pump/Step Blast. Do you think that would be a good place to start? Also I like the preview of Body Blast Vol. 3-Super Sets/Push & Pull. Of course everyone is raving about Imax 2 & Cardio & Weights. Would that be too hard due to the jumping and high impact moves? What about the new Hard core series Low Max?

Yolanda

Hi Wendy, I noticed that you are pregnant! My husband and I are planning on getting me pregnant this year and I was wondering if I would still be able to do my favorite step work outs and weight work. Do you? Are the doctors o.k. with it and all? Boy or Girl, or do you know yet? BTW Congratulations!

Yolanda

hey again yolanda! in that case, then yes! Step Blast/ step jump pump is a great place to start! i ordered that one and Imax2/Cardio and Weights at the same time. they are both alot of fun and you will sweat your butt off!

jes

Hi Yolanda,
I am new to this site, but i have done a couple of Cathes' older VCR tapes . I find I can turn down her music, and turn up my own stereo, it makes it a little more interesting with newer music. Sometimes its very hard to match the music exactly to the movements, but I improvise. Happy excersizing. (spelling??)

Pickle

Hi Pickle

Thanks for the tip...I never thought of doing that with the music. I have alot of good latin style music that really gets me moving.

Yolanda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.