High Step Challange... review from anyone please???

icklemoley

Cathlete
I have just ordered this and was wondering if anyone has done it yet and if so, can they please tell me what it is like.

Thank you.

Wow!!! I just previewed High Step Challenge. Woo hooo! In the first cycle, Cathe says "This workout kicks some butt. I hope you're ready to breathe. I hope you're ready to work, cause you're gonna."

She's not kidding. Wow. Can't wait to do this one tomorrow. I think it'll take me that long for the mental prep! :D

Awesome music, too. Some of it I have on my BKHowe CD called Pumpin House Workout.

I think I'll just take my time previewing one a day and savor it all.
:p

ickelmoley -- I haven't done it yet, but after previewing it I can see it's very fun and very challenging. Often you'll work one muscle group with weights and go directly to another exercise with the band for the same muscle group.

The cardio sections look fun -- that last one looks tough. Wow. Jumpropes, jumping in a zig-zag pattern, jumpropes, zig-zag pattern, jumpropes, jumps while pushing arms up, then while circling arms, then several cycles of this: three airborne jumps & 1 tuck jump. Lots of calf work here, then Cathe takes you straight to specific calf exercises.

I've just previewed it and my first impression was that this workout is like Bootcamp on speed!

I just completed the 51 - minute version of HSC. I had expected it to be a lot like high step training advance, but it was far more enjoyable. It had more variety; for example, there was some kickboxing at the beginning that was really fun and some "hammer downs (?)." There was also some core work at the end. I was suprised by the intensity of the dynaband. It really works your triceps. I'm looking forward to trying the longer version of this workout. Cathe says that the point of the workout is to "build stamina," and I can see how it will do this -- you move quickly from one exercise to the next and so your heart rate remains elevated. This is an ingenius workout, really; I was working hard while marveling at her gift for putting a workout together. I also want to add that all of the workouts I've previewed seem to have more energy.

I just completed the full version of High Step Challenge. (I was going to do it tomorrow, but I couldn't wait). :)

It's really fun!! The Dynaband is amazing. I had no idea it would work my muscles that hard. My shoulder muscles are really fatigued. I'm really happy with the Dynaband exercises -- I think they're really going to shock my muscles.

The leg presses with the Dynaband were really great, too. I could feel it much sooner than with a barbell or dumbbells -- maybe just because it's different. With weights the intensity is consistent, but with the band it gets more difficult the farther you stretch it. Also, it feels like a different motion -- kind of like pulling rather than pushing.

This is the first Hardcore workout I've done and it's just as awesome as I expected it would be.

Yes, thank you all for the reviews.

One question: how long are the cardio sections? I don't remember reading this anywhere.

thanks
Maggie

The choreography seems really easy for the cardio sections. And the cardio sections aren't really that long. There's a nice flow from one to the next and it's not so sectioned off like Bootcamp or HSTA. I was afraid it was going to be a lot like HSTA, but it's not. It's got a nice rhythm to it. It's definatly my all time favorite circuit workout.

My plan is to do this tomorrow. I preview it and agree with the comments so far. However I just did CTX biceps and triceps so I wnat to give those muscles a rest day before trying HSC.

I will be one of the new cadio HC workouts this morning.
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

Length of cardio sections

They are about 2-2.5 minutes. They are more like 'blast' sections, like in BC. Gets your HR up superfast.

I didn't time the cardio sections, but I LOVE this workout! I wasn't expecting it to be a favorite, but I think it might be my favorite!! :) How do you make a leg press seem fun?? I don't know, but she did!

Well, there is less rest between exercises and the cycles that I've done are longer than a minute. I've only done the first 30 minutes of it. No terminators, so far, but other than that, I would say that BC is not as hard as this one.

gee susan ...I just read your review and after all you did yesterday...I am surprised your even moving today!!!

Thanks for the information
Samantha

Hi Soosan

I just did HSC today and liked it alot. That said... I think it is easier than both BS and HSTA. The cardio is not as intense and to me the pace moves a little slower than HSTA. Good workout, nice varitey, fun using the band in different ways, liked having some abs at the end and time flew by. But, I think for me, it will be used mostly on my easier days.

Enjoy,

Nancy

I can't wait to do this one. I get my full set on Monday :) I'll probably do this one on Friday. Sometimes I do a full body workout on Fridays (I do BFL otherwise).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.