Help with planning my workouts

mabdoo

Cathlete
I am now unsure of how to structure my workouts anymore. I used to do Pyramid Upper Body two times per week and Lower Body one time because it was the only dvd I had. Now I have Basic Step, Cardio and Weights, and I ordered Power Hour+ and Body Blast Timesaver. I read in many of the rotations to do different premixes from different dvd's to get a complete chest workout, for example. Am I not hitting the muscles as well as I should by only doing PUB? Also, I don't know how to plan a week because I have so many choices. Any suggestions? Last week I tried an old rotation that did not use any videos (it was the one part per day one) and though I was a little sore each day I didn't have Cathe to push me along.

The other problem I am going to run into in a few weeks is that I have to go back to work and I have a 6 month old. Some days it takes me 2 to 3 hours to get the workout done because she needs to eat, gets cranky, etc. I would love to get up in the morning to workout but we will have to be out of the house by 6:50. I would have to get up at 4 to workout. How many times should I workout each week. I usually only take a day off once every two weeks because I have light days of doing just core or shorter runs or a bike ride.

Also, should I work each body part only once per week? I did see results with 2x per week.

I am sorry this is a long post but I really feel like I am spinning my wheels

hey there. i noticed you haven't gotten any replies so i figured i'd give it a shot and help out. what i like to do is alternate cardio and weight training days. for me i feel to burnt out when i do cardio and weights on the same day. i workout 6 days a week (sometimes 5). for me i my body didn't respond well to working each muscle only once per week. i like hitting them twice per week so it could either be: 1 upper body, 1 lower body, 1 total body or 3 total body workouts. or you could do 1 upper, 1 lower, 1 upper and then the next week switch to lower, upper, lower. as far as your videos try to rotate it based on what i mentioned. i don't have body blast timesavor so i don't know what this entails. is it a total body workout? with weight training you don't want to work the same muscles on back to back days. i don't believe in working out for more than 1 hr. for many, especially you with a baby, its unrealistic. i get up at 5 to get it in but i understand that you can't. its ok to break up your hour of exercise into 2 half hours or 3 20 min segments. just get it in. can you post exactly what each days workout is for you so i have a better idea since you mention your run and bike ride? you could do
PUB
cardio
PLB
cardio
power hour
cardio
or.....
pub and plb premix
cardio
power hour
cardio
body blast (if its total body)
cardio
hope this helps some:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.