Having Trouble With Sliding Discs ~ Help

twinkletoes129

Cathlete
Can anybody give me advice. I'm having trouble using the gliding discs on carpet and please note I'm using them correctly without the covers. Especially with the non static lunges and quicker movements. The balls of my feet keep slipping off the discs onto the carpet. I can't seem to keep my feet on them. I'm not sure whether it's because the discs don't move as freely and smoothly as on hard surfaces or because I can't maintain enough foot pressure on them for the life of me! Lol! I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the first cause. Does anybody out here use them on carpet? And how has that been for you? Are you finding any issues with carpet? And do you have any tips for mastering this for carpet? I really want to get this to work for me as I find them so effective and I need the low impact option when my achilles' tendons or knees need a break. Thanks for your help you guys.

I would make sure your wearing sneakers if your not already. And I've heard that spraying pledge on the bottom of the discs makes them slide easier. HTH

I highly recommend using pledge on the bottoms. Before each workout where I will be using my disks, I give them a good blast w/pledge.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.