Hardcore Extreme

scm

Cathlete
I'm really excited that the HC workouts will soon be on their way. I've just finished putting all the workouts on Excel spreadsheets. In doing so, I've really looked at each and every exercise in the workouts. What confuses me, and I guess bothers me (right now... I know its too early to judge) but, HC Extreme Interval Circuit is the EXACT same workout as the High Step Challenge with two IMAX intervals added to the end of two out of the three circuits.
The original description was HCE was going to be a compilation of all workouts, when it's really not. What are your thoughts?

I have so much to say about this topic, but since this is Cathe's forum, I won't! This may be a good topic to post on Videofitness.com, though :)

Wendy

>I'm really excited that the HC workouts will soon be on their
>way. I've just finished putting all the workouts on Excel
>spreadsheets. In doing so, I've really looked at each and
>every exercise in the workouts. What confuses me, and I guess
>bothers me (right now... I know its too early to judge) but,
>HC Extreme Interval Circuit is the EXACT same workout as the
>High Step Challenge with two IMAX intervals added to the end
>of two out of the three circuits.
>The original description was HCE was going to be a compilation
>of all workouts, when it's really not. What are your
>thoughts?
>
>

I'm not happy about only four of the workouts being used in the Hardcore Extreme either. I thought the combination of the 10 workouts would be endless. I was hoping for an all cardio mix of Imax3, Kick Max and Low Max; an all muscle mix with heavy weight from the Gym Style workouts and lighter weights from the Muscle Max workout and then for a cardio/weight circuit combination with a stretch segment added onto each workout.

I probably won't use the Hardcore Extreme dvd that much because it will be the same four workouts over and over...But on the bright side, I am so anticipating the other 10 workouts that I have no clue which one I'm going to do first!:p

DeeDee

I agree! I was going to buy the Hardcore Extreme, and then changed my mind because it was mostly cardio! I was disappointed and don't mind saying it. Cathe has high standards to live up to and has done an excellent job in my book, but that doesn't mean that we cannot comment on lack of dvds used to make Hardcore Extreme! Good criticism only makes businesses better, so it will pay off for us and her to be honest about what we want!

I really wanted to see a compilation of the heavy weights and low max! and an all cardio mix(lo max, kick max, Imax 3) and a good circuit with lighter weights..........but you cannot have it all! :eek:

So now I am waiting to see what people have to say after they try the Hardcore Extreme :)

When Cathe was asking what to put on Hardcore Extreme, I saw some very good, balanced suggestions, like the ones DeeDee posted here. It almost seems like the Extreme DVD was thrown together as an afterthought. We didn't even get any specific info on it until after all the filming was done.

This one will more than likely go on my "to-be-Ebayed" pile.

I'm going to give it a shot and do all the workouts, but I agree with everyone that I wasn't too happy after reading the descriptions of Hardcore Extreme. Come to think of it, I wasn't that impressed with the Timeaver DVD either. However, I'm still not upset that I ordered it. For only $10 more I got that extra DVD. And since it retails for $50 I think it was worth it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.