Happy Hips or Other Recommendations

Swimmer

Cathlete
I have tight & not strong enough hips/glutes and am tempted to get Happy Hips. While I have read the reviews on the DVD here, I was wondering if it would be ok for someone who had a basic knowledge of yoga but was by no means a yoga master. One review I looked at (not here) described it as fast moving, not for beginners, and with no suggested modifications for beginners or the less flexible.

I need something that's going to help loosen my hips/glutes but not with a risk of injuring myself by being too advanced. I can do both Yoga Relax and Yoga Max---both of which I enjoy and I do the PMs from one of these DVDs every day.

In addition to Happy Hips, are there other DVDs out there that focus on hip/glute opening/strengthening? I like Karen Voigt's latest DVD, which has a section on hip/glutes, but the poses are not held long enough to really make a difference. Thanks, in advance, for your insight & recommendations. :)

He offers lots of alternatives for beginners (including pressing fast forward through bits that don't suit!), and his strength lies in explaining everything really well. And he does hold the poses for long enough. My other hip favourite is Travis Elliot's Yin Yoga - but I don't know whether it's avilable individually.
My advice would be - go for it! It's transformed the rest of my workouts. As one of the yoga instructors said - trying to get through life without flexibility is like driving with the emergency brake on.

On a similar topic (sorry if I've hijacked) - I've just finished 108 day Ultimate yogi, and am looking for 30minute yoga dvds. An ideas????

Thanks, I think I'll get it, try it out. :) Form pointers/explanations are very beneficial to me and help me to really focus rather than zoning out or letting stronger muscles do the work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.