Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Gym Styles=Tough!

This is a discussion on Gym Styles=Tough! within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I don't know what it is about GS upperbody, but everytime I revisit these workouts I'm amazed at how tough ...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Catheite
cher54's Profile Fields

Default Gym Styles=Tough!

I don't know what it is about GS upperbody, but everytime I revisit these workouts I'm amazed at how tough they are! Granted, I heavy up on most everything but they are still killer , most specifically biceps. My forearms are so full by the end of the sequence I can barely get through. Anybody else experience this with GS? I've done STS many times over and am currently doing Xtrain, but nothing burns like GS for some reason.

"You must begin by knowing that you have already arrived." ~ Chiang - Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Cathlete

What a coincidence! I just started doing a GS rotation this week, and this is the first time I've tried this series. I've done Legs and the Back/Shoulders/Bis workouts, Chest/Tris is set for Saturday. You're right--tough. I LOVE the bicep workout and usually, I hate doing bis. I'm adapting to using the band, but the burn has been incredible. I have to admit that I was having problems w/some of the floorwork on the ball, but next time, I will revert to using my hands on the floor to keep steady so I can focus on my glutes/hams.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

Yes, GYM STYLES KICKS BUTT!!!!
I did a rotation about a year ago that had GS Legs 2X per week along with the upper body GS 1X each per week, but I would add shoulders & bis to Chest/Tris, and tris to Back/Shoulders/Bis. It made for long workouts, but it was SOOOOOO worth it. I might try that strategy again!
Jenniferlove and mini-natty like this.

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Thumbs up

I just did GS Legs today and absolutely love that workout.

A while back I bought S&H and as much as I love the concept and the feel of it there is just too much waiting around time between sets; I know it's necessary but it just kills me to take so much time when I'm also trying to get to work that morning... maybe GS UB would fit my schedule better.

Thanks for this post - now I am convinced that I have to use the discount sale to buy GS Upper body!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Catheite
sunsdaughter's Profile Fields

I love love love Gym Styles! These got me ready for STS. I'm gonna figure out a GS/XTRAIN/STS rotation one of these days.... :-)
Nanbo and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Cathlete
Fembot40's Profile Fields

Last year I did the STS 90 day rotation twice, back to back and then jumped onto GS for a month. I wasn't prepared to have my butt handed to me, those discs are tough! Phew!
Jenniferlove, Nanbo and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Cathlete

Thumbs up

This morning was my first time with GS; I did both UB workouts this morning:
Chest/Triceps (Supersets premix) and Shoulders/Back/Biceps (timesaver).

LOVED IT! Love the exercises in these workouts and I definitely love the burn; I am so glad I have these workouts!
Nanbo and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Cathlete
firemedic's Profile Fields

I am so glad to have read these comments about gym style. I already have gym style legs, but after reading all of the comments today I ordered the other 2 dvd's. I've been doing xtrain since 1-1-13 and I'm ready to start doing more of Cathe's other dvd's again. I love xtrain but I feel bad to only be doing those, so I'm starting to change things up. Esp. since my body had already started changing and clothes are getting looser. I already had to order smaller shorts to work out in because my other ones keep falling down. Nothing worse that always having to pull up your shorts when you have boxing gloves on. But I'm not complaining because I love knowing things are getting smaller, not bigger. So now I'm hoping gym style will help change things up in my routine.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Cathlete

Congratulations on the smaller shorts, firemedic!
It's great to switch things around
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

How long did it take to do both UB timesavers for Gym Styles? That sounds like a great workout.