Gym Style

cinnttu92

Cathlete
I have not ordered any of the new Hardcore series yet, but I want to. Can anyone out there let me know if the Gym stlyle workouts are like S&H or are they like endurance workouts? I saw one post that Muscle Max is more strengh training and gym stlye is endurance.

Thanks for your help!

RE: Gym Style feedback please!

BUMP- I want to know too! I am trying to decide whether to buy the slow and heavy series or the gym style- anyone??

RE: Gym Style feedback please!

Hi,

I would buy the gym style workouts over slow and heavy, if you can only get one. In the long run, you'll probably be able to stick to the gym style workouts for longer periods of time. I love slow and heavy, but I personally find it boring. I am motivated by the results that I get when I use it, but I can only use it for short rotations because of the boring factor. The gym stlye workouts are varied, fun, and the time passed very quickly. I think they provide the possiblity for endless variation using different weights and mixing and matching, but don't get me wrong, I know slow and heavy produces results, but I'm sure the gym style workouts will too. I've never been disappointed...

Tracy

I've only done the Gym style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps, but I loved it. Doubt this will help, but I think it's something in between Slow & Heavy and Pure Strength. Some of the reps are 6 count, but it varies. I never felt rushed between sets either. There was plenty of time to change from barbell to dumbells.

Cheryl

I am usually going heavier on workouts, so I feel free to push pause to catch my breath and go on. You can take rests where you want to , there is a pause button}(
Diane SUe

>oh no I was hoping along the lines of p90x rest darnit;(

I know what you mean. But if Cathe and crew are doing 12 reps per set, and the pace is slow enough, you could still go heavy and do 8 reps, and have more of a rest between sets.

>
>I know what you mean. But if Cathe and crew are doing 12 reps
>per set, and the pace is slow enough, you could still go heavy
>and do 8 reps, and have more of a rest between sets.

Or why not just pause the video? I do it all the time because I am what I call a 'stubborn lifter'. I like to go heavy and I refuse to lighten (when I'm going heavy) so I take longer rests.:)

In my opinion the Gym Style legs is more of an endurance type workout and not much like the Slow and Heavy Workouts and can't be considered Slow and Heavy. Heavy weights are not used and the tempo can't be considered slow except for a lunge sequence where light weights are used in slow tempo sets. The floor work in this workout is unique and I really feel it targeting my glutes, hamstrings and inner and outer thighs and so overall I like this workout but it is not a replacement for S&H. I can't comment on Muscle Max because I haven't done that one yet.
I have also done Gym Style chest and triceps and I feel that this workout is a hybrid of Slow and Heavy and UBP. The weights I used alternated between the heaviest and second heaviest weights I use for UBP and there are typically 2-3 sets of 12 reps/exercise except for those drop pushups at the beginning.(I won't even tell you how many there are). My arms were definitely fatigued and quivering at the end of this workout. I took a bathroom break between the chest and triceps portion and tried to brush my teeth. My arms wouldn't cooperate. LOL.

I haven't done Muscle Max, but I have done Gym style legs. I agree with the post above, for me it's more endurance than strength.

I agree with this post.

I love Slow and Heavy, it works your body parts differently and you feel it afterwards. And all her weight is heavy, vs. looking at Gym Style which she switches up and the rep count is not nearly as slow as in SH.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.