flabby arms

spaceystacy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-01 AT 05:33PM (Est)[/font][p]Hello fellow cathe fans! I am fairly new to cathe videos but I have been doing step for about five years. I got the PS back, biceps, and abs and am planning to try to do it twice a week and go as heavy as my little arms will allow. I am wondering what kind of results I am going to get and how long it will take to see these results. I am wanting my arms to pretty well toned for summer and figured I should start now. So is twice a week enough? and is the one tape enough or should I get another to go along with it?

Also, is there anyone who was an experienced stepper like me that got the PS legs and noticed major diffeneces? I am wondering how much PS legs would benefit me.

Thanks you guys!

Stacy

Hi Stacy. If you are new to lifting weights, you will make gains more quickly than someone who has been at it for awhile. Falling into the latter group, I am no longer sure how quickly you can expect to see results. I'd say 1-2 months. I think that working a muscle group twice a week is sufficient. More is not always better with weights.

I wouldn't worry about getting too big if that is your concern. People say it is genetics, but I don't think MOST women have the genetics to get too big. Aside from that Cathe gives the best results. Have faith in her.

I think you can get your arms toned by summer, but I notice that you only mention a tape for biceps (for the arm muscles.) I think it is important to also work the shoulders and triceps. In fact, the tricep is the largest arm muscle. And I think most would agree that squared off shoulders are very attractive. I would suggest that if you can buy another video that you get PS chest, shoulders, and triceps too.

Doing those videos alone will keep you going for about 3 months. AFter that, your muscles will become adapted to that workout. At that point you might like to get, MIS or PowerHour. They are total body routines in just 1 video (as opposed to purchasing CTX or S&H--which are also excellent ideas.)

Stepping alone is not going to define your legs like lifting weights. If you want a harder more defined look to your legs start squating and lunging with added resistance.

Good luck, keep us posted on your experience. Jeanne

Thanks, Jeanne! I am not really concerned about getting "too big". For some reason I just don't see that happening. But you never know!! I guess my next two videos will be PS legs and PS CS&T. And then I will order MIS or PowerHour right before summer hits. My friends are going to be sooo jealous!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Stacy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.