Entire MMA Boxing with Heavy Bag

labnick

Cathlete
I want to thank the person who mentioned she does all of her kickboxing workouts using the heavy bag. I looked for the thread but can't find it and for the life of me cannot remember who posted this. I did MMA Boxing today (minus core work) completely using the heavy bag then continued on with the bonus heavy bag. What a great workout! I loved it! I never clicked with this one and the other MMA workouts. It was really easy to incorporate the heavy bag and I went from not liking this one to loving it! I can't wait to try the other MMA ones and then the rest of Cathe's all with the heavy bag when I can.

Thanks for sharing your thought on MMA with heavy bag.

I have not got this in my collection as wasn't sure!
I now might give this a try:)

Thanks for the info! I just got the MMA Boxing on the daily deal! Will def have to check it out! I really enjoy the heavy bag. So what you're saying is...... I shouldn't punch the empty air in front of me.....rather I should stand at my bag and punch that? Sounds good to me!

Thanks for the info! I just got the MMA Boxing on the daily deal! Will def have to check it out! I really enjoy the heavy bag. So what you're saying is...... I shouldn't punch the empty air in front of me.....rather I should stand at my bag and punch that? Sounds good to me!

Yes!!!!! Punch away!! You will love it! Makes it a completely different workout.

Thanks for the tip. In addition to the MMA Boxing punching segments, Rapid Fire #1 has a shadow box segment that would lend itself well to this, and Rapid Fire #4 has a Boxing no leg blast premix that would work, too. I usually wear #1lb weighted gloves for those but I admit to being one who loves to get out my frustrations on my heavy bag!

Did anyone notice....

I just did this workout yesterday (not with the bag, I don't have one :( )
But, I'm just curious if anyone else noticed that Cathe's ponytail changed from warm-up/abs to the main workout? I just thought it was a neat little bit of trivia. (And I thought it looked great!) I seem to recall she said something about that when these came out. I did feel that my form must not have been too good because I wasn't quite feeling the workout like she said. "If you're abs aren't working on those, you're not doing them right!" But I still enjoyed the workout, just need to revisit this one more often, I guess. ;)

Tricia...I did not notice this at all. Next time I do this workout I will take a closer look. :)

I like this idea too. Do you think one of the air-filled punching bags would be good? I don't have a punching bag and the heavy ones are pricey. I'm also limited on space.

Hmmm not sure if the air bag would work as I have never used one. My thinking is if there is resistance then yes I think it would. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Today I tried out Rockout Knockout and punched the bag whenever the opportunity was there. I did the warm up without the bag but with gloves on then first two segments with the bag. I skipped the third and went onto the heavy bag bonus. All and all a great heavy bag workout and will certainly be doing this again the exact same way!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.