DVD suggestion for beginner

vla

Hi,
I have the high step circuit video and realize many other videos have been developed since this one, but still want to use the square high step I have for a beginner level. I had to take off a year due to an injury and want to get toned ASAP. I am 59 years old, but know weights can do miracles for a body.

Please advise.

Thanks, Vela

Welcome back from your injury, Vela!

I'm sure that this isn't an earth-shattering suggestion, but one go-to workout would be Cathe's Basic Step + Cardio Fusion. CF has toning in it, though BS does not. However, these include club-length steps. Unfortunately I don't know of any high step beginners' tapes. Of course, you could always try High Step Challenge or High Step Training, taking breaks as necessary and working at your own level while trying to work up to Cathe's. Good luck!

nivipa

Hi Vela,

Push Pull and Legs and Glutes both use the High Step. From the Body Blast Series, these are produced with two workouts on each DVD so you would also get Kick, Punch and Crunch and Supersets. I believe in Supersets you could do without the full-sized step; if I remember correctly, it is only used as a bench for chest presses and to sit on for shoulder presses. These are my "go to" workouts when I have had a lapse in my fitness routine and need to ease back. I find they are easy to modify for whatever my current fitness level is by adjusting how much weight I use, etc. You would probably want a ball, though...

Welcome back!

Julie

Body Blast Series: Supersets + Push Pull Workout DVD

While not beginner, there are some that use the high step you could probably do. Most of Cathe's DVDs are not beginner, so you would have to view them ahead & maybe do them the first time with no weight if you are unfamiliar with the exercises, also, start with a low step height. Use the pause button & don't try to keep up.

Pyramid Lower Body is a good one, you can alternate with Pyramid Upper Body for a good weekly routine.

Legs & Glutes uses the high step. Body Blast Series is a good step up from Beginner workouts, I used the BB Series Timesaver dvd, for weekly routines at a more intermediate level. (see what I did there)

Lower Body Blast is a goodie for cardio & weights using the high step.

Like I said, most of Cathe's DVDs are advanced, you need to practice the moves & your form, and be comfortable with what you can lift. You can still get a good workout if you take it slow and learn them. Good luck with it.

I would recommend power hour, or the Xtrain express series, , the cardio is exactly 30 min then comes 15 min of one or two body areas. I love those. I'm 57. I agree with other suggestions here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.