Which DVD is right for me

yogini72

I used to do a lot of Cathe's workouts back in the day, but since I moved to this much smaller space, I've gotten into other things, like running and yoga. Unfortunately, lately I've just been into eating and watching TV. I was at my best when I was doing Cathe's workouts, and I would like to get back into them. I used to like Kick Max and low Max. If you have a minute, please look at the following and suggest a workout for me. Thanks!

The goal: lose 20 lbs
The obstacles: VERY little space. No way I could do kick max without knocking over a lamp!
What I have: some various free weights, 8 lb weight ball, step, Husband's bowflex which has a bench
What I'm willing to buy: would be willing to spend $100 or so on equipment; don't have room for a lot of stuff in the first place however

Thanks!
Amy

I'd check out her Low Impact Series! I love them all (dont have the Cycle workout or Slide and Glide though). I dont own gliding discs but the workouts are easily modifiable without them. Dont let the words "low impact" fool you, these kick my butt more than her earlier cardio workouts! My favs are Athletic Training, Afterburn and Cardio Supersets.

You might like to also add some jump rope to your running routine. That can be really great at building stamina and torching calories.

I agree with Stacy and her recommendation for those three Low Impact Series DVDs (they are my favorites from that series too). The programs call for the slide and glide disks, which I have but don't like to use, so I modify the few exercises that involve disks and do them without disks. Firewalker bands are needed but they are inexpensive. The programs are not the same as Low Max, which is another of my favorites.

Circuit Blast would fit your recommendations. You even get to use your weighted ball :).

Travel Fit does not require a lot of space. You would need to purchase only a resistance band for this w/o.

As for weight training, I would highly recommend Total Body Tri-Sets from the Low Impact Series. Very minimal equipment. Cathe uses a stability ball, but you can probably use your Bowflex Bench instead.

Good luck!

Natasha

Question on right DVD?

Hi everyone. I know Cathe has ALOT of step DVD's. If there are any fitness instructors out there, which ones would you recommend/suggest I use to teach an advanced beginner/intermediate class? Need at least one where I can learn the moves/combos myself and be able to teach them. :).

Been called on to teach a class soon and trying to prepare. Thanks so much.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.