Does anyone use Cathe's Calender?

nkuangel

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

I have been looking at Cathe's calender and it looks awesome. I wish I could see more of it but from just the one picture I looks so motivating and with the stickers it seems like it would really help to keep me on track.
I teach aerobics classes 4 to 5 days per week and find that between my own workouts teaching and doing Cathe's I get them confused and would like to keep better track of my workouts so that I am can avoid overuse injuries etc.
If you have her calender could you just tell me what you like/dislike about it, how you use it and does it help you.
I know that if I get this calender I will seriously be hooked on Cathe. Everytime I am working out now my fiance asks if I was doing Cathe and the answer is always yes. Luckily he thinks its cute and doesn't know how frequently I check her blog!
All opinions are appreciated!
Oh yeah and she is killing me with this no blog update thing. I am staying optimistic that when she does update it it will say "They have been shipped and should arrive any day now." Is that too much to ask?

nkuangel

I love the calender. All of the Cathe pics are awesome motivators. There are nice little tidbits about Cathe and crew. She has an area to write your goals for the month, and an area to keep track of your measurements. The stickers make a nice touch but if you use older workouts more than the newer workouts you may need xtra sheets. I use other stickers(stars) and write in the workout.

I hope Cathe does a 2008 calendar.:) I say buy it, but that's just my opinion.!!:7

Jenn

P.S. I too am dying for the they been shipped update and going into blog withdrawl;-) , there is an update about her upcoming project for the blender which I can't wait for, oh well more anticipation on the way.:)

I have the Cathe calendar and just love it.

It has big spaces where you can either put the stickers on each day, or just write out what your w/o will be. It helps me to organize which days I will do upper or lower body w/o, and cardio. The best part is the great pictures with Cathe and the crew. This helps to motivate me. I know that the year is almost over but I plan to keep the pictures near my w/o equipment because each month's picture have a motivation statement, such as "get your game face on" or "I feel your energy". Also the trivia questions are cute. This month trivia question is "in which series is the stability ball first introduced?

Body Blast Series?

I just use it as my regular wall calendar, writing in appointments, etc.

I wouldn't buy a 2007 now, since there are only 4 1/2 months left in the year, and the price hasn't dropped (as calendar prices usually do). Unless you want it as a keepsake: there are good photos (which you could use as posters).

I do not use the stickers, but I like to read the tidbits and have it hanging where I see it every morning, the pictures motivate me! Plus its just a pretty calender.:)

I have the calendar and I really like it a lot but initially I was disappointed because I bought it in May and of course, lost out on utilizing months Jan-Apr. For some reason, I guess I thought I could just write in the month/date, etc. sort of like a blank exercise log/journal. I also bought extra stickers but found I do not use them, they are too small and cumbersome for me. I simply write in my workout and how many minutes I worked out. I find that the calendar and Cathe's new catalog are SUPER together -- very motivating and help me plan out what workout I will be doing. I workout every morning and have my coffee while browsing the catalog and checking my calendar for the workout plan for that day. I will most likely reuse the months Jan-Apr next year crossing out the 2007 dates and writing in the 2008 dates going forward unless I decide to splurge and buy the 2008 version.

hi, just to answer your question. not only do i find the calendar very motivating (just looking at the monthly picture), i find it to be inspiring. cathe and crew are working hard and i want the same feeling for me, therefore i can barely wait to write in my workout for that day. if it is an especially "on" day for me, then i reward myself with a sticker. this just keeps me energized and positive in thought and mind about my healthy lifestyle. also, being able to flip back to previous months and noteing my measurements has been a big factor for me. so glad i bought it and already am looking forward to the 2008 one. jocq

Hi, not sure if this was posted already but during the RT, Chris announced that the dvds have around 2 more weeks of authoring work, then they'll be sent out for replicating. He thought they would be shipped out in a month or so. I guess that translates to mid-September. He also said the new ipod workouts would be available for purchase this year. HTH

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Awesome thanks for that update although I know that that will not be soon enough.
And also thanks to everyone else I cannot wait till 2008 to get the new calender. I know this sounds silly but I could just watch her workout videos like a movie and be just as thoroughly entertained if not more so. This may make my obsession worse but I am looking forward to it.

nkuangel

Nope - bought it & never used it! I doubt if I will get another one. The stickers were way too small, but that's not why I didn't use it. Just didn't have any place to hang it. Not really great planning on my part.

Hi nkuangel ~

I know you've received a lot of different feed back, but I just wanted to add my 6 cents :)
I have the 2007 calendar & absolutely love it. I worried about using it at work (ie. is it appropriate to have women in workout bras on the wall of my cube in my conservative company?)
I finally decided it was FINE. Beautiful healthy bodies are just fine for me to have up. Anyway - When work gets dull, I love looking at it, & reading the trivia & remember my "fun place" in life (my morning workouts & the friendly faces on the screen), and then it reminds me that hey - I already DID my workout today (so if other things are going badly that day, I can find something bright in the day!
and LASTLY about those stickers. Although I might not use the exact sticker on the exact date (b/c there is a limited amt of each kind) I use them. I actually feel Accountable to them!! B/c I have this amazing calendar w/beautifully healthy women on it - if I just left it blank (b/c I decided to sleep in one too many times) - I'd look ridiculous!! (If I'm going to talk the talk then I must step the step, right??)
I love to see all the stickers that have accumulated at the end of the week or month. I can visually tell that I had a very dedicated month which encourages me to keep going. I also use star stickers if I do a non cathe (how dare I!) like run, bike, blade...
In the end - it's just a nice big collection of stickers to remind me that I am staying focused. :) and if after all that focus, I still feel yucky - then that must mean I have to clean up my eating!

The trivia is fun to read, the pictures are inspiring, and I guess I can safely say I'm buying another for 2008!

However, at the RT they described her new software & how that will also have a section for workout tracking as well as nutrition tracking. So that might be something to check too!

I hope you try it out!
Erin

Hey Erin,

I am so glad you put your 6 cents worth in! Although now my only problem is I have to wait till 2008!! I know that as you said it will be a great tool to motivate me and keep track of my workouts.
And this new thing with her software sounds wicked cool.

thanks agian
nkuangel

Hi nkuangel,

Sounds like you've made a decision to buy 2008 :) . I am really happy with mine and will probably buy 2008.

jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.