Does anyone do MIS anymore

Georgia

Cathlete
I used to do this workout all the time, the staple of all my workouts. I did it today for the first time in months and decided to keep it in my weekly workouts. Do any of you still do MIS? She came out with so many new workout series since MIS I was just wondering.

PS: I still have it on VHS. :p

Yes, and I still love it. It's somewhat dated, but still worth its space. I'll never sell mine!
Cheryl

I also still love this workout. It is great. I will never get rid of it. I still do it occasionally.

Kim:)

Yes. It is a fantastic workout and I always come back to it.

Debbie

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.
-Calvin & Hobbes

Hi,

I pulled it out not too long ago and it is great to do as is or if you want to go heavier and not do as many reps. Even though the outfits are dated the exercises are classics. It gets a lot accomplished in a short amount of time.

Tracy

I don't do it very often, but when I do, I think wow, this is a great workout and I should do it more. I think I've decided to do the June 07 rotation starting Monday so it looks like I will be doing MIS this week!
Angela:7

I've never owned it, but just ordered it a few days ago along with the Pure Strength series and Stretch Max. I am looking forward to using these.:)

Sandra

Hi, the other ladies in the older workouts are Pat and Lisa in Pure Strength. Pat is the older lady in the back (PS) with short red hair. She is so strong looking! Lisa is next to Pat in the back on PS. In MIS, they are Lisa, Cedie, Helen and Hope. Helen has her hair slicked back into a low ponytail, and Hope has black hair, she's in the back on the left beside Helen.

I just did a rotation made up by FitnessFreak, and she did one body part per day. This past week was PS and MIS- It was so neat to see everyone as they looked then. Of course my daughter is always in shock when she sees Cathe with short hair - MOMMY, WHY did Cathe cut her HAIR????? It is so cute when she does this!!

I really like both of these workouts, I think you'll enjoy having them.

Tricia

I do, and I still love it for all the reasons given and for one more: Sometimes I'm really in the mood to do all lower body exercises first, followed by upper body. Actually, I like the sequencing of all the exercises in this workout (for example, the way the chest sequence is push-ups, chest presses, chest flies, repeat). I have to say, though, I don't like the abs section at all - way too many ordinary crunches for my taste. Boring and ineffective, compared to what Cathe's done since. I usually do MIS all up to the abs and then pop in another DVD for abs and stretch - or I decide an hour is enough and I go off for a well-deserved shower. :)

Lurdes

Pat Kelly (the older woman) is my age!

She has a great body -- I met her on a roadtrip years ago. Gosh, she is built! In person she looked incredible -- I mean her physique was gorgeous.

I was thinking about Pat the other day. If my memory serves me, she won some type of fitness contest years ago.

As for outfits being dated or how the cast or crew wears their hair, I don't care.

It is the quality of the workout that counts. SOme of my favorite Cathe cardios are from the leotard thong days....

I just did it today as part of my rotation and I probably haven't done in in over a year. This one still kicks my butt. I like that she does a wide variety of exercises for each body part. This always seems to take me a long time to get through though being that it's 70 mins and with all the weight changes, I usually don't have the time to do it in its entirety.

Marcy

MIS is actually one of my favorite total body weight workouts, despite it's being on the older side. I like how straightforward it is. I know most people want to see fresh exercises in their workouts, but I honestly just like good old fashioned weight lifting. MIS delivers. Another favorite of mine is Pure Strength (which is really the three day version of MIS, in my opinion).

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.