Do I want the BodyMax/MIS/Power Hour DVD?

elsie3

Cathlete
Silly question, I know, but the next DVD on my wish list is the BM/PH/MIS DVD. I have Body Max on VHS. It was one of my first workouts, and I absolutely love it. . .now. Currently ME is my only total body weight workout, so I wanted to get this DVD to add Power Hour and MIS. Plus I would love Body Max on DVD because I often use the cardio portion for a cardio add-on.

The only thing giving me second thoughts is Maximum Intensity Cardio. It was part of my Christmas present to me, and I did it last week for the first time. It was a great calorie burner, but I wasn't crazy about the step portion. This is the only workout I have where the music actually bothered me: It didn't seem to fit. And now that I've finally gotten more coordinated with Cathe cardio, the routines (and especially the blast) were kind-of boring.

Was MIS made the same time as MIC? What about Power Hour? How do they rate?

To sum up this overly-long post, are they fun workouts?

Thanks,

Carol F

I just did Power Hour this morning and I absolutely love it. I think the music is great-especially when she starts shoulder work. If you like ME you will definitely like this DVD. I wish I could say more about MIS but it's been a while since I've done it(no reason). This DVD is definitely worth the money.

Hope that helps, Wendy

I agree with you that the MIC step portion isn't the most interesting of Cathe's workouts. Power Hour and MIS are very good, though, if you are looking for weight workouts. MIS was made at the same time as MIC (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Power Hour is a bit newer than those.

If you are looking for weight workouts and don't have PUB/PLB or Slow and Heavy, I'd probably get one of those. You already have MIC, and Power Hour is an endurance workout (like Muscle Endurance). The Pyramids and S&H would be very different from what you already have. You really can't go wrong with any of Cathe's workouts, however. You'll probably end up collecting them all (much like the rest of us!).

Shelbygirl

I would say YES you want this DVD. I bought it for MIS and Power Hour, which I had on VHS, but wanted on DVD. I can't speak for MIC because I don't have it. I tend to shy away from Cathe's step tapes because I get frustrated with the choreography. I've attempted Body Max a few times and I lose her halfway through.

Power Hour is a good body workout--she gets all the major muscles in 1 hour. MIS is a little longer, and just as thorough. The set up is different, though. In MIS you'll do about 20 minutes of legs, whereas in Power Hour you'll do some squats, chest, back, then lunges, which are killer.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get this 3 workout DVD.
Enjoy!;-)
Lisa

I have all these workouts on VHS and I wish I had the DVD. I preordered the HC series so the older workouts I don't have on DVD will have to wait. I love MIS and PH, especially MIS. It is just straightforward and perfectly challenging. I use MIC's hi/lo a lot but like you, the step portion is not my fave although I sometimes do MIC as is just for the experience. My opnion is that this DVD will be valualble to your collection. Also, It is so much easier to skip around on DVD's if you are making up your own workout from several DVD's. I'm with Lisa...get the DVD!
Angela:7

This DVD is one of the best bargains out there. It has everything-cardio, cardio circuit,(BodyMax), heavy weights (MIS), two muscle endurance workouts (Power Hour, plus the circuit/UB of Body Max), and 3 core workouts. I mix and match them all the time-together or with other DVD's-this DVD is priceless!
Beth

You WILL make good use of this DVD. PH is one of the best workouts Cathe has ever done, IMO. I like MIS because I can do my entire upper body in a shorter amount of time than I would if I use the PS series, another of my favorites. If you work in splits, as in upper body one day and lower body the next, you might want to mix and match the PH and MIS segments. Sometimes I do MIS chest/back then PH sh/tri/bi one day, then MIS sh/tri/bi and PH ch/back two days later. I use BM only for the step portion, which alternates step and legwork, on days when I work my lower body. I don't do the upper body portion because it's like a lot of Cathe's endurance workouts, and I do enjoy doing the newer ones more. As you go along, you will find out what you like and what works better for you, and you'll most probably come up with your own mixes-and-matches, for which I guarantee you'll be using this DVD. I know... time to get out the credit card.:)

Pinky

Thanks guys! You've restored my Cathe-Ordering-Insanity. I can't wait until payday next month. We'll try to sneak it out of the grocery budget and see how it goes.}(

I did just get the Pyramids last month and love them. Slow and Heavy is on the wish list.

Thank you so much for your input!

Carol F

I have to admit, I'm not too crazy about MIS. Maybe just because it's so old. But it's worth getting the DVD just to have PH, which is newer. PH is one of my all-time favorite Cathe workouts, and I still use it all the time. I like it best for time crunched periods in my life like when I have to work late every night. I may not have time for a 45-min. workout when I get home, but I can always talk myself into doing ONE or two songs from PH. In PH, Cathe does one body part per song, and the music is VERY motivating. In short, very high fun factor.

Editing to say Pinky is right about MIS. Maybe I should try it again. As I recall, it was hailed as a ground-breaking workout when it first came out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.