Do I have to watch them all first?

L Sass

Cathlete
I'm slated to get my HC tomorrow (this week-end has been un-ending) and my question is in previewing. I pretty much take to Cathe's verbal cues and choreography quite easily - eg I had IMAX down after watching once and step blast after twice. Must I preview all of the HC workouts or are there some that I can just jump right into? I would think the GS parts and the endurance ones may fit into this category while the cardio segments (eg kick max) would require a preview first. Thoughts anyone?

On all of them? Is kick max similar enough to KPC to do that? What about IMAX3? Close enough in moves to IMAX and IMAX2?

Kick Max...go for it...no problem if you have done any kickboxing workouts.

I tried the preview thing...did not work for me....I was previewing Low Max...all of a sudden my step magically appeared and I was going to town. Yes, my feet "stuttered" in a couple of spots but what the hay!!! It was fun!!!!

LOL with the preview...never works for me!

I always preview the cardio first so I know what to expect to make sure I have mentally mustered up enought energy! :) :) With the weight workouts I usually just have a look so I know what equipment I'll need.

Jo

I would preview - Imax 3, LowMax & KickMax all have some tricky parts which I had a hard time following, and the weight training DVD's are good to preview so you know what equipment is required.

I just jumped in and did Lowmax. The reverse mambo got me, but it's kind of like a 123-horse in a way. Once you get it, it's fun.

I think for Imax3, it'd be good to preview it just to see what you're in for as far how to pace yourself. I didn't think any of the moves were any more complicated than anything found in Step Blast or Imax2.

Kickmax had some hard combinations, but again, nothing a bit of rewinding won't help.

But for previewing, it's personal choice. I did preview all of them but the strength training and Lowmax. But then, it took me about 5 or 6 times through to get to where I could do Step Blast without rewinding!

I usually pick up Cathe's cueing pretty well, but some of the choreography on IMAX 3 looked pretty tricky to me. I'm glad I previewed it. I might watch it once more and "practice" some of the trickier moves before I'm comfortable enough going full bore. The tempo is quite fast on this one, which will make it trickier for me to catch back up if I goof up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.