Did Cardio Fusion for the first time- about died!

nkhansen1

Cathlete
I had to share my experience, though you will laugh at me. I just got CF in the mail, and popped it in for an all cardio day. I thought it would be no big deal since I have all the workouts it's made from and do them all regularly. Well, I'm a foolish woman.

I'm pretty sure Cathe and crew were trying to kill me.

I was huffing and puffing and TOTALLY drenched, unable to speak, feeling kind of nauseated, and then, near the end, Drill #5 from DM shows up with the huge jumps and hops.

Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

I really screamed that at the tv. I really thought I was done for, but I pressed on and finished. Victory!!
Amazing workout, I think harder than IMAXes. Buyer beware! This one has a major Holy Cow! factor. :)

i really enjoy the challenge of this workout as well. i haven't done it in a while. i think i'll pull it out and do it this weekend.

Yeah, I pretty much feel like I've been run over by a double decker bus after this one. I did it last week and burned something like 819 calories! Actually, I think it's too hard for me but I'll probably end up doing it again....someday.

Carolyn

I have this one too and HardCore Extreme. I have done both and I am not sure which I find harder to be honest. I think this is doable and didn't kill me, but it is longer. It seems to get easier at the end. I feel it is good for building cardio endurance, but IMAX is better for short burst intense training where your heart is at the max.

Another routine you could try is:
C&W cardio only + IMAX2 intervals (from IMAX2 DVD) + Bootcamp cardio only.

Now that would be intense. I did the C&W + IMAX2 on Sunday then I did BM1 upper body only after. The cardio worked me really hard. I also tried IMAX2 + Bootcamp cardio only and that felt tough.

Some other suggestions:
MIC hi/lo + IMAX intervals

Yen

I love this workout! Especially the mix/match premix (80 min). It's an awesome cardio workout!

Wow - 819 calories? Awesome!

I am fairly new to Cathe workouts, and have only done Kick, Punch, & Crunch, and KickMax. I am looking for an intense step workout from Cathe. Is that what the Cardio Fusion is? I have also heard that Imax 2 is pretty tough. Which one is tougher?

LOL! I near fell off my chair when I found out CF isn't the most intense workout Cathe has.

For a long time I only did the first 2 segments of the workout over and over again because I couldn't get the footwork right with all my panting and sweating. I finally wrote down the steps and can pick up where I left off when I have to stop and catch my breath.

Cathe ROCKS! w00t! :D

I was debating on what to do tonight (Haven't moved since the RT)....I think this is the one!!! If it doesn't kill me!!!

I love this workout! I just purchased BM2...Have yet to do this one, I heard it was a great one as well!! :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

StaceyL,

I think IMAX2 and CF are pretty close in intensity levels actually. now that I can look back on it with a clear head! The footwork in IMAX2 is trickier than CF, in my opinion.

FYI, since you're new to Cathe, CF is a blend of the cardio/step portions of Body Max 2, Low Impact Circuit, and the drills from Drill Max. All three are amazing unto themselves, so I was thrilled to see all the cardio on one dvd. It's worth every penny.

fitnessmom,

You will love BM2! It is so much fun! It is my favorite of all my Cathe's right now. We'll see if that changes when 4 Day Split comes out. :)

I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!! It is one of my favs! I have never done the mix/match thing-y...I am going to try it tomorrow!

xoxo, neicebug :+

StaceyL,

Cardio Fusion is longer than IMAX2. It is a premix of some of the cardio from the last series. It is pretty intense but not impossible. IMAX2 on it's own will not compare to this but if you want interval training then this is a good one. I like to do this with the cardio only from Cardio & Weights, which also on the same DVD, or cardio only from Boot Camp (all part of the Intensity Series). If you want intense you can do all the cardio only from any series. Having Cardio Fusion simply mean that you don't have to stop and change the DVDs.

I think IMAX3 is harder than IMAX2 though.

Yen

Thanks to everybody for their opinions, its much appreciated. I think I will be ordering CF! but i have to buy a step first LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.