Core Max - How do they do it????

tknelsen

Cathlete
Oh my! I just finished my first encounter with some of the Hardcores - and I am still scratching my head over the levitation move in Core Max (#1). I cannot forsee a time in my life where I will ever successfully get both my legs up off the ground!

So, anyone out there - if you can do it let us know! You deserve bragging rights!

Aila and Leslie- Thanks for the tip about removing shoes - I still don't think it will make much difference - I am soooo far from mastering this one!
Tracy

I was amazed when they posted this pic in the previews, let alone to find out that it was part of the actual CoreMax warm up! I have a long way to go before doing anything resembling this move. I at least felt much better to see some of the cast not doing it, too.

When I saw this one in the pictures I thought holy crap:) But I did the core workout last night and I actually was able to do them. Of course not as smooth as CAthe and crew but my but and legs were in the air. I think it has alot to do with your hand position.

You can modify by placing your hands on yoga blocks or something similar. This helps to build up strength to do the full exercise.

I was able to do it when I used my 3 lb dumbells for handles. That gave me about a little cheat lift. I am planning to keep practicing that one until I get it!!!!!!!!!}(

I tried Core Max for the first time tonight, and that levitation move is definitely going to take me some work. I just stared at the screen in awe. Had to laugh at the end of the first workout...we were at what I thought was the end of the workout when she said that we would finish with some plank work. I let out a "no way" sigh, and immediately after, Cathe said "quit your groaning". Apparently I'm not the only one who isn't much a fan of plank work. It gave me a much needed laugh :).

I mentioned this before but for those of you that are flexible, if you can do the lotus position, then this move is simple. Get into the lotus move and then try it. I proimse, easy. If you can't get into the lotus move, this move is so so so hard.

This DVD will be waiting for me when I get home tonight, but I don't think I'm going to do it until tomorrow. I actually prefer planks to crunches. Am I weird?

The only way I can do this is when in lotus, but then I don't feel it in my core (which is the point, I think). Can anyone explain the physics of being able to do it in lotus but not even coming close when not in lotus?

I did this the first time this morning. I was able to do it about as well as Cathe's crew. I got my butt off the ground, but my legs sagged a bit. By the time the last one came, my wrists and fingers were getting too tired.

I was surprised that the first workout wasn't harder. It wasn't easy, of course, but I just kind of thought I'd struggle a little more. Guess I'm getting in good shape, eh?

We'll see what my opinion of the third one is (the one with the medicine ball). I'm sure I'll have tears by the end of that 20 minutes!

Tracy,

I'm with you on this one! I just finished previewing the first workout in Core Max. This is the one when they do the levitations. I tried it a million different ways: arms in the back, arms in the front, shoes off, shoes on, arms at the side, arms in, arms out - I still can't do it! My butt will come off the floor but not my legs! I don't know how they do it! I just cannot get it.

It looked like the entire crew got the move - but not me! This is one move I'm just going to have to aspire to.

Sanchia

I couldn't do it either, Tracy. Much to my dismay. My butt and thighs were off the ground, but my feet and ankles, without shoes, would not budge! x(

Oddly enough, during Core Max #1, I didn't really feel much in my core. My neck, on the other hand, was feeling very strained.

I'll try Core Max #2 with the stability ball and maybe I'll like it better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.