Cardio Kicks & Circuit Max are they must haves?

Czechfan

Cathlete
Hi,

I was debating if I should order Cathe's Cardio Kicks/Circuit Max dvd. I know its an older dvd but her stuff is always such a great workout no matter what. I've noticed that that particular dvd is used a lot in cathe's rotations I don't have that one or Ab Hits, both of which I sort of feel like I might just need those while I wait patiently for the new dvds I pre-ordered to arrive in my hot little hands. So, I was wondering what do you all think about Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks? Should I get them? What do you think of these workouts if you own them and have used them? I appreciate all your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks in advance;)

Nora

Czechfan said:
Hi,

I was debating if I should order Cathe's Cardio Kicks/Circuit Max dvd. I know its an older dvd but her stuff is always such a great workout no matter what. I've noticed that that particular dvd is used a lot in cathe's rotations I don't have that one or Ab Hits, both of which I sort of feel like I might just need those while I wait patiently for the new dvds I pre-ordered to arrive in my hot little hands. So, I was wondering what do you all think about Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks? Should I get them? What do you think of these workouts if you own them and have used them? I appreciate all your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks in advance;)

Nora

Hi Nora,

I left this DVD back at home in India when I moved to Kuala Lumpur and miss it. Circuit Max has fun combos of cardio followed by weight intervals. Each combo has a uniquely different style. Cardio Kicks has Cathe bubbling over with joy and enthusiasm and her energy is contagious. It isn't all martial arts but mixes in some hi/lo. The music is great. I thoroughly recommend this DVD. Ab Hits is a compilation of ab routines from multiple Cathe DVDs. You can mix and match routines too. If I remember right the routines are from slow and heavy, power hour, pure strength, cross train series and other earlier Cathe DVDs.

I don't own Ab Hits because I own all of the DVDs containing those ab segments. One day I would like to pick it up, but I want other things more (like the preorder!).

I do, however, own Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks. I have not done Circuit Max yet--need to get on that!--but I have done Cardio Kicks multiple times and I love it. As Vee said, the first 30 mins or so has moves that are a marriage of hi/lo with classic kickboxing. The last 15 or 20 mins contains intensity blasts similar to Kick Max or KPC, except she seems to give you slightly longer recovery periods and the blasts don't seem to be as intense (but they are still plenty effective, IMO). I wear 1lb gloves during this workout and always feel like it was an hour well spent when I am done.

I don't have Ab Hits either while I don't have slow & heavy yet I did get CTX and didn't want to do a repeat buy. Like Lisa there's other workout I want more.

I have looked at this one, but have one question? Do the guys in this series distract anyone? I know that was one comment for shock cardio and as I have watched the clip for CK and CM, seems like they would be a distraction here too.

What do you all think?

Do the guys in this series distract anyone? I know that was one comment for shock cardio and as I have watched the clip for CK and CM, seems like they would be a distraction here too.

What do you all think?

Hi ebonynicole! The CK cast has 2 guys and 1 female that I don't recognize (but Brenda is in this one, which is nice b/c she is not typically in the kickboxing workouts!). I did get annoyed by the guys in STS at times, mainly during the leg videos where the guys seem to be "phoning it in" with their weight selections. But the guys in CK are sweating along right with you, which is great. Not distracting at all for me.

I CK/CM a long time ago and sold it b/c I stopped using it for some reason. Well, after several years I recently repurchased them and OH MY! They are both fun, tough work outs! I am happy I have them back in my collection! :)

I have looked at this one, but have one question? Do the guys in this series distract anyone? I know that was one comment for shock cardio and as I have watched the clip for CK and CM, seems like they would be a distraction here too.

What do you all think?
The guys are mostly in the back row, and their form isn't bad, so it's easy to avoid them (they are not a body type I find attractive, but some do and probably enjoy their presence more than I do!).

As for whether it's a 'must-have,' some things to consider:
The CK workout done as-is takes up more space than Cathe's other KB workouts, and is more "hi-lo" with a KB feel to it than pure KB (if you like Amy Bento's mixing of hi-lo and KB, you might like it. If, however, you prefer more of an authentic KB feel like Powerstrikes, you may not like it, especially since Cathe's form, and that of the other exercisers, is not as good as it is now. )

Circuit Max is a nice circuit workout.

I never warmed up to Ab Hits, and quickly got rid of it. Just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies for all your great comments and input. I made my decision and ordered Cardio Kicks/Circuit Max and Ab Hits both. I think they will be nice additions to my Cathe dvd collection.

Thanks again~:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.