BPMs

imani

Cathlete
Hi! I am looking into buying more of cathe's step tapes (i only have CTX and the new rythmic step) but i have been told that some of cathe's step tapes are very fast (BPM-wise). So does anyone have a list of the maximum BPM on each of cathe's step tapes? Also, which step tapes are your favorites?

Thanks,
Imani

Just bumping this up. I don't need exact BPMs. I just want to avoid the super fast step tapes. Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,
imani

Hi, Imani
I have 2 left feet at all times & have trouble learning routines & executing them properly, so my opinion may have some value for you.
My favourite Cathe step tapes (read: reasonably easy to do, but still intense) are The Wedding Video, Step Heat, Step Max, Step Jam., Step Fit, & Mega Step Blast. I find Step Works hard to do but exhilerating! And then there is Rhythmic Step. I admit, I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the moves, but I just LOVE it! There is something about this workout which makes you really want to do it. I will work on the darn thing for a year if I have to!
In my opinion, IM is a whole different ballgame. It is easy to learn, but hard to do! I chip away at it.
Hope that helps a little, good luck with it!
Ruth :) p.s. Sorry I have no idea how fast any of them are.

Hi Imani,
I think the videos with the fasted BPMs in Cathe's repertoire are Body Max and Step Fit. I think Step Works is kind of fast too but like Ruth said, it's invigorating! Step Jam seemed fast to me at first but I think it's just because it was made before the days of Cathe's legendary super duper unbelievably thorough warm-ups. If I use the warm up from Step Fit or Step Works instead, that makes Step Jam feel much less rushed. I think one of Cathe's best tapes with a slightly less frantic BPM is Power Max ~ of course, she keeps yelling "I want to go faster" in the video! If you're enjoying the CTX series and RS, I'd recommend starting with Power Max and/or Step Jam (with an alternate warm-up). Interval Max is really good but the funny thing is that the hardest parts of the video have nothing to do with step or BPM. All that crazy jumping just wears me out, but the interval blasts are quite adjustable so don't be afraid until you've viewed it! Hope this helps.

thanks Starlight6 and Brinley

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give power max a shot first and maybe the wedding video.

thanks again for your help :)

imani

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.