Which is better Pure Strength or Slow and Heavy?

Conni

Cathlete
I am looking at getting Slow and Heavy, but I am wondering if I should get Pure Strength instead? If you could only get one, which would it be?

Slow & Heavy because it is unique.

Pure Strength can be duplicated with a mash-up of Gym Styles, Max Intensity Strength, and additional other workouts, probably 4DS.

Slow & Heavy cannot be duplicated by any other in Cathe's workout library. It uses a very slow count, an 8 count, 4 to lift, 4 to lower, but you can play with this to accentuate either movement more according to your needs: I very often to 2 up and 6 to lower, could do 3 and 5.

S&H, unlike any other DVD Cathe has released, gives you time to think: form and to nail it. It is excellent to have and run through every now and then for this reason alone. The theory is: there's no momentum in the lift at all when the count is this slow, so you are forcing the muscle fibres to do more work, promoting growth.

I have never been so strong as coming off a 5-6 week Slow & Heavy routine. After that, anything seems possible! I am an ectomorph, hard gainer, and S&H works for me, like nothing else.

Clare

Agree with Clare. SH is one of my favorites and you will get great results from it. PS is also great, but SH is more bang for your buck, in my opinion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.