Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Battle of the Imaxes!!

This is a discussion on Battle of the Imaxes!! within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; well i'm an imax 2er....lol....i love, love, love, imax 2.....it's fun and tough at the same time.....although not as tough ...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Catheite
mrsyancy's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to mrsyancy

well i'm an imax 2er....lol....i love, love, love, imax 2.....it's fun and tough at the same time.....although not as tough as imax 3....but the music feels like it goes perfectly with this workout to me.....imax 3 has grown on me b/c it was so tough but now i really like it, just not as much as imax 2.....and i like imax also, it just doesn't have the fun factor to me but it's a great workout
Danas_gettin_fit likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia View Post
I just love Imax 3 - it still challenges me with the choreography and intensity every time I come back to it. #2 is more fun-factor to me (while still being tough, don't get me wrong!), but IMAX 3 is by far the best in my opinion. Iterval Max was never my favorite, but that was due to the type of moves she incorporated. (I'm not a fan of the lunges over the top, and it has many like that.) It is; however, an intense and fabulous workout. I know every time I do that one, I'm so proud of myself at the end!

I love the post about learning the warm-up, that is classic! My DH is famous in our house for passing on a Cathe workout after trying two different ones with me, only to get to the end of the warm-up and hear those same words. He actually looked at me and said "Warm-up? Is she insane?? Who does that?" I had to stop for a few minutes because I was laughing so much at him - and of course, I told him we all go through that with Cathe, it's why we love her workouts!

Love this thread, nice to hear I'm not the only IMAX 3 lover.

I love Imax3!!!
I agree, 2 is fun but 3 really kicks it up a notch! I find to get through it, I need to eat something really high in sugar for the boost so I don't give up. I think last time, I had a Twinkie. It's only 150cal, but oh boy did it do the job! Tons of water during it keeps me going too. I love the step combo's now (before they confused the heck out me ) but once you get them, they are so much fun. I feel spent after doing Imax3, but very accomplished.
tricia and nckfitheart2009 like this.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Catheite
sunsdaughter's Profile Fields

Default IMAX3!!!!!

I love love love Imax3!!!! It's super intense and I love the 80s music! :-)
IMAX 1 and 2 are really great too, but they don't have the super intensity factor that 3 does for me.
I really really reaaaaaaaaaally hope that Cathemakes an Imax4....and another HIIT DVD too!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Danas_gettin_fit's Profile Fields

I love both the first Inasmuch and Inaction 2!! Its a toss-up for me between those two since they're both great!! Imax 3 is too hard for me yet. Heck, ive gotta modify somewhat in the first two!!! Lol
Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM

I meant IMAX .... Autocrat correct on my kindle changed it.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Lol.... I cant believe my kindle spell check changed IMAX to INACTIVE...... As if!!!!!! Lol
mini-natty likes this.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Thumbs up IMAXES

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsdaughter View Post
I love love love Imax3!!!! It's super intense and I love the 80s music! :-)
IMAX 2 and 3are both great too, but they don't have the super intensity factor that 3 does for me.
I really really reaaaaaaaaaally hope that Cathemakes an Imax4....and another HIIT DVD too!
I love both Imax 2 and 3...it took me a year to attempt IMAX2 as It looked scary. Yes it does require previewing tricky moves but once it is done...It is fun, fun ,fun...I am happy to have mastered the moves...the only dread moment is traddle tap six times (not sure I have described it properly)...I wanted to complete so badly that I didn't attempt premixes.

IMAX3, is a complete different animal to tame lol it is super intense and challenging. Moves are tricky and I must admit it took me few viewing to master moves. I do not mind breaking down and learning them. As much hard it is there is always an interval I look forward to. It has got music which really keep me in a mood to get more intense. It is the same song played during Leg gym style warm up! I think it is during interval 7.I like facing the challenge each cathe workout offers. CF and TTM are tough, not as hard as IMAX3 IMO

To sunsdaughter, 100% with you for an IMAX4.Did Imax2 and I am feeling great

What a coincidence? IMAX3 is on dealy deal fox
xoxo
mini-natty likes this.

Last edited by nckfitheart2009; 09-26-2012 at 06:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Catheite
Beth-B-Fit's Profile Fields

I do both 1 and 2 and got rid of 3. I just had a hard time learning 3 and it felt like too much impact for me. Of I and II I like both and do both! I love the steel band drum at the beach in II and I is just all out athletic. Bring on 4...I would like to see what else Cathe could do.

Beth
Old 09-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Thumbs up IMAXES

Sorry I meant to say IMAX3 on daily deal.

I am still high on IMAX2 lol
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

For anyone interested in a crazy challenge, Hardcore Extreme is where it's at! It combines Imax3, Low Max, Kick Max, High Step Challenge. The Interval Blasts + Legs is probably the hardest Cathe cardio I've ever done! It makes TTM & CF seem like a cake walk (no, I'm not kidding).

OH PLEASE CATHE MAKE AN IMAX4!!!

Natasha