Anyone have Hardcore Extreme?

nkuangel

Cathlete
I have been deciding which dvd should be my next investment and harcore extreme looks awesome. I read the description of the workouts and they sound intense and challenging.
I just wanted somones opinion who had it. How hard are the workouts?
Do you like it better than gym style series because my friend thinks that should be my next purchase but I lift weights at school and I love the weights and cardio mixed.

All opinions will be appreciated.
nkuangel

I love hardcore extreme; the workouts are long and hard. I love the variety; you can mix and match, stop and continue later, etc. There is only one circut workout, and the other two are really tough cardio compilations.

Hardcore extreme really can't be compared to the gym style series because it is cardio vs. strength training; do you have
imax 3/lowmax/kickmax?

I only have lomax but have done the other two so I am familiar with the combinations and things like that. I just never really hear anyone talk about them that much and I really like her compilation workouts because I feel like they stay fresh longer, at least for me. The reason why I am not sure about getting gym style series yet is because I am an advanced exerciser and lift heavy weights at school oh yeah and I am broke!!
Thanks for the input, on the reviews of harcore extreme it says that it is a hidden gem and it really peaked my interest.
nkuangel

nkuangel,

I have HardCore Extreme and I find that for the price, I could buy Kick Max, IMAX3 and LowMax and mix and match myself. It is a compilation of all these workouts.

I bought it thinking that I would not need order the KickMax, IMAX, or LowMax, but I ended up buying them anyway because I wanted to use the workouts as is.

I think you could get more for your money ordering all the DVDs on HardCore Extreme.

Having said that I use HardCore Extreme quite alot. I am still waiting for my IMAX and LowMax.

Gym Styles is great if you lift heavy - you can go as heavy as you can manage with this series. You can try Slow and Heavy as well.

Yen

Thanks Yen,

I think you could have just cost me more money! Just kidding. I see what you are saying and now I really don't know. I am a poor college kid and trying to plan a wedding while looking at houses so unfortunatley Cathe is not able to be at the top of my list, however exercising in any form is a priority.
Thanks for the input I really appreciated it.
nkuangel

nkugangel,

Well, if you think about it all the other workouts have their own premixes and there is still scope to invent more. I guess it depends on what you like doing. For me, I like kickboxing but on HardCore there only the blasts section from KickMax workout. Yesterday, I did a KickMax mish mosh:

KickMax warm-up
KickMax Combo 1 & 2
KickMax Blasts
KickMax Combo 3 & 4
KickMax Blasts (repeat)
Stretch

And I can tell you this was just as hard as any HardCore routine. There are lots of premixes on each these DVDs, so you can easily create the premixes yourself using other workouts you have in Cathe collection. HardCore Extreme consists only workouts from the HardCore series.

If you buy from www.advancedworkouts.com they do free shipping so you save a bit.

Yen

i have this video. its one of my favorites. i recommend it to anyone who doesn't own it. its pretty intense

I'm going to go against the flow here and say this is one of my least favorites (which, considering I'm a total Cathe fan means it ranks a 95 instead of the usual 100). I pretty much use just the middle workout. The transitions when weights are involved is not smooth to me at all, and sometimes I feel like I go from an aerobic state to a standstill with a heavy weight that can leave one feeling light headed. It's too much splicing for me. I agree with the earlier response to simply by Imax 3 and Low Max separately.
Beth L.

Hey all,

Your opinions are greatly appreciated and I think after considering what you have written that it would be better for me to get the dvds seperatly. I already have lowmax and my friend and imax 3 so that will be good enough for now.

Thanks!
nkuangel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.