Another Leg PM Discovery

Swimmer

Cathlete
An often overlooked gem in my vast DVD library is Push Pull/Super Sets. This morning, I wanted to try a new-to-me workout and decided to do the Push Pull 3-set Lower Body Premix. The rep count is slower, so I could really focus on my form and concentrate on engaging the right muscles. Also, it's a comprehensive leg workout---there's floorwork for the inner/outer thighs and a calf/tibialis anterior segment, plus squats, deadlifts, lunges & leg presses.

I was tempted to add on the Super Sets leg premix as well, but I ended up doing a segment from Barre Amped instead.

Thank God I had a massage scheduled, post-workout, today. :eek:

Swimmer:

how long is that premix? DO you repeat each exercise 3 times immediately, or do you run through the standing legs section, for example, then repeat again. See what I mean?

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the suggestion, and yes, keep them coming!

Clare

Swimmer:

how long is that premix? DO you repeat each exercise 3 times immediately, or do you run through the standing legs section, for example, then repeat again. See what I mean?

I'll have to check it out, thanks for the suggestion, and yes, keep them coming!

Clare

Clare--It is about an hour. You do each standing leg cycle, 3 sets (i.e., squats/deadlifts; squats/deadlifts; squats/deadlfts; then leg press/lunges, etc). The floor work follows the same pattern (outer thigh/inner thigh, I think 3 sets but it could be only 2). You finish w/one set of calf raises and one set of tib anterior with the stability ball, and then the stretch.

Beth, thanks for the suggestion. Next Saturday, I think I will try it pyramid style!

Thanks. I'm coming off Pyramid rotation for upper body (that DVD is a killer), so I think I'll give the upper body PMs on push/pull a look.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.