4DS Legs--Good Add On Recs?

Swimmer

Cathlete
I'm starting a new rotation focused on the weight segments of 4DS. Today, I did Biceps/Triceps & added on the Bi/Tri sections of Muscle Max. A good burner, lots of variety.

Tomorrow is legs. Any suggested add-ons for 4DS legs? I thought maybe the leg segments of STS Total Body but thought I'd check here for suggestions. I did Cardio Leg Blast on Tuesday, so I don't want to do another plyo/wgt workout. I want to focus on strength building for tomorrow.

Suggestions welcome & appreciated. :)

LIS Lower Body Trisets is my favorite leg workout. I love it that others have mentioned it. Those little 'ole Dixie cups get me even better than using heavy weights! It's a good one.

Barre segment

If you want a short barre segment to hit lower body really good :D:D:D

Add 16 minutes of Leg conditioning drill from Lower body blast.:p;)

I'm starting a new rotation focused on the weight segments of 4DS. Today, I did Biceps/Triceps & added on the Bi/Tri sections of Muscle Max. A good burner, lots of variety.

Tomorrow is legs. Any suggested add-ons for 4DS legs? I thought maybe the leg segments of STS Total Body but thought I'd check here for suggestions. )

I wouldn't do the full legs workout from any other legs DVD, it would be overkill when added to legs from 4DS. Instead, choose and select those parts that work the legs differently with different weight loads, movement patterns or completely different emphasis.

For example, lower body tri-sets could work, also think of the floor sections only of PLB or Gym Style legs, take lower body work using gliding discs from any recent x-train or LIS DVD that has this, or as another poster suggested, a section of barre work.

By the time you are done with 4DS legs, you have already done the basic squats, lunges and deadlifts: you do not need more, especially if you truly are going heavy.

Don't just think "more": think "different." Only then will you work all the muscles of the legs and glutes, not just the gluteus maximus, but also the minimus, and inner and outer thigh.

Clare

Thanks, everyone, for the recommendations.

Coincidentally, I did TriSets LB recently (first time, although I've had that DVD for months). It was a good one!

I ended up doing the standing/floor band portion of LLB. That's another excellent one that I haven't pulled out too often!

4DS Lower Body PM is a nice burner--it includes that killer calves section from KB. I'm sure the combo of both workouts hit every part of my legs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.