4-Day Split

catwoman7631

Cathlete
Yesterday, I snapped this DVD set up as the Deal of the Day, and I'm eagerly awaiting it to be shipped. I wanted to get some opinions on how everyone uses these workouts. Do you make a rotation using just these workouts? Do you do a daily mix of cardio and weights? Alternate cardio and weight days? I'd like to have some ideas in my head before it gets here. Thanks!

FWIW, I can't step anymore, but I love premix #3, which is all of the UB weight work. Just did the workout today, as a matter of fact. :) Enjoy!

The possibilities are endless with 4DS. You can do a rotation with just those DVDs or use your favorites with others maybe by doing kickbox cardio only with a strength workout that is not from 4DS or do a 4DS strength workout with a non 4DS cardio. You can also split the workouts and do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. All those suggestions can be done easily because everything is chaptered in 4DS. Also, there are really cool premixes like the that combines the cardio from kickbox and bootcamp. It is great set to own and you bought it at a great price. :D

The kickbox workout is just great -- lots of fun. I also use the premix that combines all the upper body. It's a TOUGH UB workout. Enjoy!

I like the lower body/bootcamp premix - it's a sweat fest and gives you major DOMS for days.....

I also enjoy the kickboxing workout.

You can play each program as it was designed for 4 days, then:

• option one: add a metabolic, long steady pace or Hiit the fifth day lasting no longer than an hour.
  • Option 2: have a rest day the fifth day and workout a total body strength program the sixth day.

Last edited:
I love step but personally do not care for either of the step workouts on this DVD, sorry.

I really only use it to do the full body weights premix for 90 mins, or something like that.

You don't have to limit 4DS to using it as its own rotation: you can use any of the workouts and add them to your regular workout week.

Clare

I LOVE the whole Kickbox workout!!! I will not be doing the step workouts again...ugh, I am so uncoordinated! Love the weight work with them though so I'll be using lots of those premixes.

I've been doing 4DS this week and since I'm not a huge fan of the step segments in this series, I switch them out with other cardio segments. For example, for Higher Intensity Step, I warmed up with X10 and did the Cardio Blast segment followed by the weights in Higher Intensity Step This morning, I did the warm up and step segment of Xtrain AOLIH and then did the weights in Lower Intensity Step (LOVE the shoulder routine in this one!).

The possibilities are endless with 4DS and I find myself switching things up a lot whenever I stick in a 4DS rotation.

I've used this dvd a number of ways. For weights the upper body split is great. You can also do a C/S/T and B/B split. For cardio the premix of the kickbox combined with the bootcamp cardio is a nice length and a good variety. I like the higher intensity step and will do that one on occasion by itself. There are so many good premixes on these discs. You won't be disappointed!

Beth

The options are endless! And The step routines on this DVD are the best, IMO, in Cathe's collection. Many people don't like them because they are- WHAM! with no breakdown; so much fun!!!!

It depends on your goals or exercise attitude. Some people that want to focus more on strength gains would do the strength before cardio. If cardio or weight loss is your goal, do the cardio first. I always kept mine on separate days. I needed all the energy I could muster for strength work and gains. That and by the time I was done lifting, I had given it my all and lacked the energy for cardio with the exception on a walk later in the day if I felt an energy surge.

Play around with them and see how it'll work best for your goals and personality.

The options are endless! And The step routines on this DVD are the best, IMO, in Cathe's collection. Many people don't like them because they are- WHAM! with no breakdown; so much fun!!!!

I totally love the step routines in this collection too. This was my 2nd Cathe DVD and my first Step DVD I ever had so I was totally lost at first. I was so confused by having to face Cathe and mirror her movements. I also had not done step in years and years so it was a challenge but I am so glad I stuck it out and figured it out because now I love Cathe's step routines and own almost all of them. These two are super fun choreography and I use them a lot on their own for a shorter cardio. The KICKBOXING is one of my all time favorites/.

You just can't go wrong with this set... wether you like step, boot camp, kickboxing, lifting this one has it all!

Enjoy

Laura

Great comments on cardio and weights mrsprincess07! Ironically, I just finished writing up a blog post on this exact topic...cardio and weights, which should come first. I'm not publishing it for a couple of weeks though. Just a few more days until I launch my new website. I'm beyond excited! I'm like you, I try to separate my cardio and weights days so I can focus on muscle-building. Either way though, 4DS is an awesome series with a ton of possibilities!

Great comments on cardio and weights mrsprincess07! Ironically, I just finished writing up a blog post on this exact topic...cardio and weights, which should come first. I'm not publishing it for a couple of weeks though. Just a few more days until I launch my new website. I'm beyond excited! I'm like you, I try to separate my cardio and weights days so I can focus on muscle-building. Either way though, 4DS is an awesome series with a ton of possibilities!

That is very exciting!!!!!!!
:D

4DS also has good music. The only other workout that I enjoy the music more on is Low Impact Circuit. Rockwell's Somebody's watching me is a favorite of mine and I would repeat that step chapter 2-4 times just because it makes the step routine that much more fun! I've had to give up step because of knee and hip issues, sadly. Cathe's step routines were the only ones I've ever liked and something about her athletic style the choreography always clicked the first time through. Great stuff!!!

Website is now up and running...check it out!

www.LucyFitPT.com

www.LucyFitPT.com

I'm on all major social media but I'm more active on Facebook since it's more-engaging. Link to FB is on the website. It sure would be nice to get a few "likes" from my fellow Cathletes (although I know some of you are already on there)! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.