"The Intensity Series" - Instructions on How to Use

Hi Everyone!

I am considering "The Intensity Series", which includes the workout videos listed below. The reason is because in the summary, it is stated:

"Use this cutting edge fitness series and experience the benefits of increased lean muscle mass, better bone density and posture, body fat loss, and an overall happy healthier you!"

This is EXACTLY what I hope to benefit from working out. In order to best achieve this, how should I use these videos as a group...meaning when in relation to eachother and how often, etc. do I do each of them.

Thanks for the help!

The Intensity Series Workout Videos
(1)Imax 2
(2)Boot Camp
(3)Muscle Endurance
(4)Cardio/Weights
(5)Pyramid-Upper
(6)Pyramid - Lower

RE:

Unfortunately, IMO, the Intensity Series, like the Body Blast series, really isn't set up as a planned rotation, but you have to kind of figure out what kind of rotation to do with them. And it's pretty much impossible, IMO, to just do an Intensity Series rotation, because it's heavy on the weights work, and the only pure cardio workout is very intense, and shouldn't be done more often than once or twice a week. Just make sure that, for weight training, you allow a day between workouts for the same body part (for example, if you work the chest on Monday, don't work it again until Wednesday).

Here are some possible ways to do a rotation with the intensity series (though, depending on your exercise level, you may want to put in some lighter workouts and may take an extra day off). I'm just basing this on the workouts "as-is," not on any premixes. I'm also including other cardio, since, as I said, IMAX2 is too intense to use too often.

Monday (or any day, just whatever "day 1" would be for you): PLB
Tuesday: cardio
Wednesday:pUB
Thursday: cardio
Friday: Muscle endurance
Saturday: rest or stretch
Sunday: Cardio/weights (do any lower body weight work--is there any? with no added resistance).

Another possibility, a bit more intense:
M:pLB
T: PUB
W: IMAX 2
TH:rest or stretch
F: cardio
Sat:Boot camp
Sun: cardio

AN Intensity series rotation reply from Cathe

Here's Cathe's rotations and reply for IS:
We think you are really going to love the new Intensity Series. It can be used as a "shock your system" rotation in its entirety or you may insert any of the workouts to accomodate your current fitness rotations/workouts. There are no rules to these workouts, simply use them as another way to shake up your workouts. As all of us already know, the body needs recovery time as well as light and hard day workouts. With that in mind, this series expresses different levels of intensity.

Also, we should always listen to our bodies on a daily basis so feel free to alter the workouts as you see fit by modifying to lighter weights on days your body needs it or even increasing your weights on days your body is feeling strong.

So as you see, there are endless ways to keep your fitness workouts refreshing and inspiring.....ENJOY!!!!

PS....For starters, I will share a couple of ways to enjoy the Intensity series. How long you stay on any of these rotations is totally based on how your body is responding. If it feels good continue, if you feel pretty tired and sore, modify the intensity within each workout to fit your needs, if you feel flat out exhausted and ultra sore, alternate it with some less intense workouts.

ADVANCED Total Overall Body Blast Workout:

Mon: Boot Camp
Tues: off
Wed: Muscle Endurance
Thurs: Imax2
Fri: Cardio and Weights
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body with the first 5 intervals of Imax 2
Sun: Pyramid Upper Body

ADVANCED Total Body Conditioning with more focus on Heavy Weight Training

Mon: Pyramid Lower Body
Tues: Pyramid Upper Body
Wed: Imax 2
Thurs: off
Fri: Cardio and Weights
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body with the first 5 intervals of IMAX 2
Sun: Pyramid Upper Body

Advanced Total Body Conditioning with more focus on Muscular Endurance

Mon: Imax 2
Tues: Cardio and Weights
Wed: Muscle Endurance
Thurs: off
Friday: Circuit Max
Sat: A lower intensity cardio of your choice
Sun: Muscle Endurance

PS I agree with Kathryn, get acclimated to the workouts first then gradually vary your intensity during the week to suit your needs!

RE:

Hi Kathryn -

Thanks for the help!

Your comments make me think this series more intense that I expected...This past year I have been completely sedentary, long days at the computer, and getting no exercise at all. Before that I rock climed and hike a lot, but I have never done weights before. Is this the wrong place to start? Could I follow it and just do what I can do, or should I start with something like "How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding."

Thanks again!

RE: AN Intensity series rotation reply from Cathe

Hi Delphene -

Thank you for your help along with Kathryn! I didn't find Cathe's response on the forum, so thanks a million! I mentioned in my reply to Kathryn, which I see now I could have replied to both of you in the same response, that this past year I have been completely sedentary, long days at the computer, and getting no exercise at all. Before that I rock climed and hiked a lot, but I have never done weights before. Is this the wrong place to start? Could I follow it and just do what I can do, or should I start with something like "How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding." Or other? Thanks again!

RE:

If I were you, I would start with the Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD and the Timesaver DVD. BSSF (beginner/intermediate) has 2 full workouts (one step and one step plus weights) and one of hour of weights add-ons including upper body, lower body, and abs. Timesaver has 5 workouts with a mixture of various parts of the Body Blast Series offered in shortened segments. The Timesaver could be used for more intense workouts in the 38-48 minute range. This includes, Step, Weights, and kickbox workouts. This would give you a lot of bang for the buck, and you would benefit from the varied intensity of the different workouts. You would also get a good sampling of Cathe's workout style.

If you really want to buy a series, you might also consider the Body Blast series, planning to modify exercises, intensity, and duration. This would be fairly easy because she has premixes on the DVD and you could start with some of the shorter edits of the longer workouts.

I first bought Timesaver and Imax2/Cardio and Weights DVD. I enjoyed those for a few months and then added more depending on where I needed more challenge and variety. :)
The good news- its all good!
Amy

RE:

I would recommend starting with 2 total body workouts 2x a week along with 3 cardio days a minimum of 30 -45 mins! Track your progress and if you are ready in 4 to 6 weeks UP your total body workouts 3 x a week(example Mon wed Fri) and do your cardio still 3x a week but vary your intensity and duration 30(tues) -45(thurs)-60(sat) mins 3x a week !This will be a Great base for you to start with before you hit bodypart strength training and intense cardio!

Good luck !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.