yoga(rest day)

Hi Cathe! I'm wondering if I do yoga on my rest day, am I really giving my body time to recoup from my workout week? Do you have any suggestions for me in means of length of time for yoga videos(rest day only)! Can this be done on a regular basis yoga on every rest day? I love to stretch but I don't know if this can harm my muscles from recovering or benefit me! Thanks for your input! your friend in fitness-----Francine (GO SIXERS)

Hi Francine
I have the same question. I've been doing poweryoga while my little one takes his nap because it is so quiet. I have beengoing ahead with my regular workouts in the evenings. Yoga just doesn't seem like "exercise". (Although I am doing Kest's videos which are pretty intense.)

I do yoga every rest day also, but I don't do power yoga. I like Ali MacGraw's Yoga, Mind, and Body. Very soothing and relaxing!! I think it's ok to do yoga on rest days. In fact, it was Cathe who suggested it to me to start doing yoga, pilates, or stretching on that day. I LOOOOOVE my rest day:)!

Aimee

Thanks for responding.I'd like to read the thread with Cathes response on stretching if you can send it to me at [email protected]
You know I did crunch yoga this sat(rest day) It was only 30 mins but it did put me in gear! I was afraid if I worked out 7 days in a row that I'd be doing my body harm. But I'm such a hippocrit(sp?) Saturday is my cleaning day and I'm gone through the house like a tornado on all 3 floors! Then I'm outside with the yardwork, hhhmmmm I can be an idiot sometimes. Here I am slaving and I can't fit in time for my self to unwind and get in tune with my body and mind! Well that has all changed, Now I'm dedicating my rest day to yoga or stretching. Something to lengthen my body and help me to keep my body flexible! Thanks again everyone! Take care--your friend in fitness--Francine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.