Which would be better?

Cats

Is it better to do your weight lifting and cardio on seperate days or can I do both? For example,

Monday- Cardio
Tuesday- Weights
Wed- Cardio/weights
Thurs-cardio/weights
Fri- yoga
Sat- yoga

Otherwise I could:

Monday- Cardio
Tuesday-weights
Wed- Cardio
Thurs- cardio
Fri- weights
Sat-weights

I'm looking for weight loss and strengthening if that makes a difference. I'd really like to get yoga in ther as well which is difficult if I split up the cardio and weight days. TIA!

RE: Do both

Hi, Cats! I personally prefer to do cardio AND weights in one workout in my land work (I teach two water aerobics classes per week, which constitute two of my five workouts per week). I don't have any fat-loss goals, or specific muscle-strengthening goals; just wanna continue getting stronger overall.

That said, I think you've outlined an excellent 2-week rotation for yourself! Do cardio+weights sessions one week, and then do alternating strictly-cardio and strictly-weights sessions the next week. As long as you're progressive with intensity, both in cardio and in strength training, AND as long as you're consistent, you can't help but make tremendous body composition improvements as well as functional fitness improvements.

You go, girl!

Annette

Hi Cats! Your first rotation looks fine. On the days that you do both, you can also choose to separate them (say do one in the morning and one at night)if you find that it is hard to give 100% to both workouts. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.