workouts

momof2boys

Hi Cathe, I have a couple of questions for you. How many hours a day, and how many days a week do you workout? I usually workout 1 1/2 hours per day, 5 days a week. I usually do cardio every day for 40 - 60 min., then weight train for 45-60 min 2-3 days a week, and then abs 3 x's a week. Is this too much? Also, I think I'm gaining too much muscle in the upper back/chest area because my dresses are fitting tighter in those areas..what's a good weight workout to decrease those areas and maintain a leaner upper body? I gain muscle very easy!

Thank you! :)

You might want to switch to using total body and endurance workouts like PH, ME, MM and CTX upper and LL, to emphasize endurance and definition rather than strength and muscle mass building.

IS this too much? Only you can tell.

It would be for me. 2 or 3 or 4 total cardios per week is enough for me and I certainly don't have the time for more. But if you enjoy it, if there's no element of forcing yourself to do it at all, if you are not currently feeling twinges, aches and pains that might signal either an injury about to happen or over-training, then do as you want.

Clare

Clare, thank you for your input. I do have the muscle endurance workout and cardio bootcamp. What is the PH and MM workouts? Sorry, I'm new to the forum :). Should I avoid doing the Muscle Max workout? I think that is what increased the muscles in my back and upper body. I noticed too that my pants fit snugger in the legs which is why I do a lot of cardio now - I think I was doing too much leg workouts.

Joelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.