Workout for Someone with Back and Foot Pain

cranberry26

Hey Cathe,

First of all, I want to let you know that you are awesome! I always look forward to working out to your DVDs because I know that I'll be challenged and I will see results!!

My mother also enjoys your workouts, but lately she's been plagued with lower back problems and foot pain. She has a neuroma on the bottom of her foot. She would love to work out to lose weight, but as you can see she is limited. What type of workouts would you suggest for her?

Hi, I'm not Cathe, but wanted to offer some suggestions anyway. Does your mom have access to a pool or water aerobics classes? Swimming or water aerobics would be good for her - the water would help support her body, and keep pressure off her foot. A recumbent stationary bike might work - again, less pressure on her back and feet. She could also do some upper body weight work, sitting in a chair or on a stability ball. Those are the things that come to mind off the top of my head. I used to work as a personal trainer, just so you know where I'm coming from. :)

If you have any access to a personal trainer or physical therapist, I'd ask them for some advice. There are things that your mom can do, even w/ her limitations. Good luck and good health to you both!

Cheers,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.