When will Rhythmic Step come off backorder?

catwoman

Cathlete
I've asked and asked customer service about this, and I keep getting told, "hopefully it will be available soon", or "it should be available in a couple of weeks."

Nobody can seem to tell me when I can expect to receive it or what the holdup is, and I've had it on order for months (not just a couple...it's been at least 4 months since I ordered it). So, I figured I'd go straight to the top and find out when I can expect to receive it. I mean, my credit card has been charged and everything, but I still don't have the DVD.

My apologies for sounding frustrated, but I have a customer service background, and I was always taught to under promise and over deliver. I just want to know what the holdup is. I hate not knowing. If RS will be on backorder for 6 more months, then I would like someone to tell me that so I can stop checking on it. I don't want to keep being told "...a couple more weeks...", "...soon...", and "...a few more weeks...". People say that kind of stuff because they don't want to give bad news or because they don't know. But customers want accurate information...not "good news". I can't believe that after four months of having this on order, nobody can tell me what's holding up getting it shipped.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent a little. You know, I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't want Rhythmic Step on DVD so badly (and I really want the other 2 workouts on that DVD, too - I've heard such good things about them), so I guess you should feel good that I have been hangin' on so tightly for this one. Have a beautiful Friday!

I have also paid for the DVD a few months ago, and Customer service kept telling soon, and the last time the wrote to me, they said it will be another month. Still waiting.

I'm in the same boat too. I check everyday to see if the "backordered" status has changed. It's very frustrating. I have only been waiting a month, I can't believe you have waited this long.

Kathy

I've only been waiting 2 months, I can't imagine another two months! I will try to be patient! I really hope it is not much longer. Does this happen often or has it before? It sure would be nice if they would just say, sorry it will be six months before we get any in. At least we would know! I wonder what takes so long? Colleen

Ok. Anyone heard anything yet? LOL

Seems as though most of you ordered the DVD. I can kind of understand "running out of DVDs". They're NEWER. But, a vhs tape? How many people actually buy VHS tapes? I thought I was the only one wanting that older format. lol And ONLY because I wanted the "free shipping offer". so much for "try to save a buck" theory. aaarrrgggh!

So, IF anyone has heard anything at all, please post here. I see that a member mentioned July? Well at least you got a date, sorta. I am just told "we can't give a date, because we don't know" type answer. HOW can they NOT know? Aren't they the company producing the tape? IF not, who does make the tape then? Is there a number for them?

This seems like par for the course, lately, with me. It's been taking an avg of 2+ mos to get KOS workout pants ordered from an online store, I frequent. 2+ months? give me a break already. :-<

I've also had mine paid for 2 months plus and I keep getting the same response from customer service.

So sorry to hear about this. I can see why you are frustrated. Who wouldnt' be? It's good to vent. You know I was going to order that one too because it sounds like so much fun. I'm glad I checked in tonight, although I'm so sorry I know that doesn't help you. I guess if you order on-line, then you cc is automatically charged even if the item is backordered?

I think this is terrrible and I would cancel your order. You should be given info regarding when you will receive this. This is way too long to be on back order. Try a Christi step workout. They are very good.

Is SNM phasing out VHS or are they waiting until they get a minimum order amount? Either way, you should definitely be told what is going on. I believe that Christi has phased out her VHS. I would also try the Ya Yas Swap in addition to Ebay. I recently got the Power Hour DVD for a total of $36 and there are plenty of VHS sellers, too.

Unfortunately, my Rhythmic Step vhs is the "freebie" of the "Buy 4, Get 1 FREE" deal, so it's not worth it for me to now "buy" it from somewhere else. At least since I'm choreo-challenged, and this is her most choreo routine, I'm not pouting too much over the delay. But it is irksome to not be able to get even an ETA on this tape. But someone did say that it is due "in July" (post above), so I'm hoping it's true. :)

I'm NEW to Cathe, and I am really loving her Step routines. Her enthusiasm is so catching, that despite my 2 left feet, she makes me WANT to stick with it, and keep trying. And she certainly does get me to sweat, OMG! So, customer service issues aside, I think Cathe ROCKS! I'm a weight training girl, who's always dreaded doing cardio! I look at my treadmill and bike as instruments of torture. LOL But now, since experiencing Cathe, I actually get up in the morning excited to do the step workout! THAT in and of itself, is nothing short of a miracle!! :)

But, yes, it is highly irritating that customer service can't give an estimated time of delivery. (They were nice though, in saying I could pick another video, but there was no other step video left for me to get! I'd bought them all.)

FTR (For the record), I'm waiting on a DVD...waiting, waiting, waiting. *Yawn* Still waiting. 4 months and counting.

I sure hope that the July estimation is true...coz I'm dying to do RS on DVD...and I'm excited about checking out MIS and Imax, too!

Is this happening only with RS or has it happened to anyone with other workouts? I plan to buy a couple of DVD's but I'm getting scared with all this happening.

Mariela - I *think* the DVDs that are currently on backorder are listed as such on the DVD order form. I think there are only two on backorder right now - Rhythmic Step and CTX. Maybe there's another one, I can't remember. Anyway, check the order form, it will tell you which ones are backordered, so you can hold off on buying those until they are in stock. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.