What other videos are comparable to IntervalMax

gln

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-01 AT 09:51PM (Est)[/font][p]I just started with my beloved IntervalMax video (many, many thanks to those who suggested this video to me) and I wanted to know if there are other videos comparable/similiar to this tape? (sorry, with the exception of the Cathe's strength videos, I am unfamiliar with her cardio type videos)

For example, would BodyMax be in the same intensity, style as IMAX or any other Cathe tape. I really like the IMAX and know that you can only do it no more than 2 days per Cathe's instructions and wanted another similiar style video such as IMAX to add to my rotation.

RE: Maximum Intensity Cardio

Hi. In terms of sheer intensity, Maximum Intensity Cardio is on a par with IMAX, in my opinion. It's an hour loooong, and broken into two parts: hi/lo (floor) aerobics for the first half hour, step the second half hour. It wipes me out every time!

RE: Try Gin Miller's Intense Moves

Hi, GLN! Gin Miller's Intense Moves is also an interval workout, quite similar in format to Cathe's, although not as intense; the recovery periods are longer, and step interstices are not as upbeat and challenging, but it is closer to Cathe's than any other vid I've ever heard mentioned.

I have both, and I absolutely swear by I-Max. I did it faithfully 2X per week from 10/00 until about 08/01, and have since cut back to 1X per week while bring other Cathe step workouts into the cardio mix. My legs have grown enormously strong through I-Max and increased slow leg weight training, and I am Cathe's slave for it!

Intense Moves would be a good alternative if you want a lighter day, and/or if you wish to make your own intensity-increase modifications during I-Moves slower segments. Very doable. Gin's cueing gets a little stupid sometimes (she refers to the studio participants as "your crew" or "your pod"), so be prepared for that. Good workout, though!

Take care! Spend money!

Annette

RE: Try Gin Miller's Intense Moves

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-01 AT 01:22PM (Est)[/font][p]Thanks to you both for your ideas. Atgood - I am leaning towards that video along with Circuit Max an Body Max and Annette, yes, Gin Miller's tape is a good one too. I actually had two copies - the first one I tried when I was out of shape and in disgust threw it in the trash (can you imagine?) and a few months ago, I was in Suncoast Video and they had it on clearance for $2.99 (can you imagine that???) Now that I am more fit, I can do it, but there is just something about Cathe's IMAX tape that I just love.

I just did MIC today after not doing it for a few months. For me, it is the toughest of all cardios--period. IMax goes by quickly for me, and with all the little recovery periods it just seems a lot easier. MIC is relentless after you finish the low impact floor workout. I usually stop for a big glass of water before the step section, but I am wiped out by the end of the thing (although I always sing "Don't cry for me Argentina" in the cooldown--love it!).

I'm with Lynda -- MIC has got to be, for me, the toughest of all of Cathe's tapes. I like Interval Max because, OK, I admit it, I like all the recovery breaks. Also, IM is compartmentalized. I can say to myself "Patricia, you only have to do 5 intervals, and then you can stop if you want" (Of course, once I'm going, I do all 10 -- I do have my pride, don'cha know!).

MIC doesn't have breaks, except for in-between the hi-low and step. It's all at the high end and by the time I'm finished, all my gears are stripped.

So, get MIC. You'll KNOW you've worked out!

P.S. I absolutely adore Gin Miller's Intense Moves. She is just so warm and motherly with her "You don't have to do this way if you don't want to . . ." I love that feeling that it's voluntary all the way! Oh, and I also love her "first lieutenant", the tall, dark and handsome guy to the left (the one who jumps behind the step, not over) -- what a cutie-patootie!

Hi Gln! Just my two cents. I would say Body Max and Maximum Intensity Cardio would rank along the lines of the same intensity as Imax. They don't work you in the same exact manner but by the time you finish these workouts you feel equally worked out. Good Luck!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-01 AT 05:32PM (Est)[/font][p]Thanks Cathe and everyone else for their advice - I think that I am definitely going with BodyMax and MIC and will be placing an order as soon as I can get credit card which husband mysteriously hid from me.

Ok, gotta go now and get all "dolled up" for hubby. My husband always knows when I want him to buy me something when he comes home and finds me all fixed-up (which is hard when you have three little "monsters" OOPS I meant "angels" at home) - maybe I'll even have time to bake him a cake (he deserves one anyway for being so supportive in my fitness goals), cause now that I think of it, I want Circuit Max too!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.